1 Ethernet lead, x2 devices

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 524 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hey guys. Had no idea what section to post in, hopefully this section is correct for my problem,

I am using home plugs in my house. Home plug one is connected to my router. Homeplug 2 is in my front room connecting to my solo2 (Ethernet lead is under the floorboads)

I am getting the xbox one when it comes out. And I have got an issue.

I have only one Ethernet lead but will need to connect both my xbox and solo2. The wife won't let me pull up the carpet to add a second cable (and second plug)

I know I can use wifi for both the solo2 and Xbox. But I prefer network cables.

Would a switcher work? Anyone solved a simlair problem?

Cheers guys. Hopefully someone will have an answer

• Just get another homeplug and sync it to the one thats connected to your router.

The other alternative is get something like a Zyxel PLA470V2. Ive been using one for about 3 months now and it works perfectly connecting my Computer, Printer and NAS drive to the home network. I would recommend getting another Zyxel homeplug to connect to the router to ensure compatibility.

Nano

• Do not get a third homeplug, homeplugs work like old network hubs not like modern day network switches, network hubs are obsolete as they drastically slow your whole network the more devices you connect

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!