bt home hub freezing

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,249 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• if its not my dm 7020 losing the card and needing a reboot my bt homehub seems to ether block all ports, freezes up or drop's internet and not reconnect
    dose anyone else have problems with bt home hub or am i going to need it replaceing

• hi tris,

bt home hubs are given away free for a very good reason . Because they are shocking !!!!! You could be lucky and get a good one but its more than likely your with the masses. One thing i did notice when previouslely living in the uk is if i had my server on the bt broadband connection i had loads of problems with disconnects/reconnects etc . I changed the router and still had the same probs so put it down to the bt network in the end. I guess its something to do maybe with there throttling of traffic etc. All i would advise is use non standard ports etc . If the hub is blocking all ports after you have set them open it sounds like the hub is being factory reset which would indicate that perhaps its faulty

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Yeah im gonna vote for the bt network also. I use a home hub on my virgin connection as a router and its faultless. It's been running the best part of 6 months without a single glitch or needing a reboot.

• changing network is unforchantly not a option for me as there is only bt in my area looks like iam stuck with trying to get them to send me another.
    any advice on how to get one without haveing to go through all the check microfilter rigmarole ?

• Just tell Bt that you've used new micro filters etc when support ask you. Try a new hub and see how you go. Bt network is shocking vm are top notch

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!