Sat feed to another room

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,487 times. The last Post () by roddypiper.

• yes, but for the non expert can you give more details and help

thx

• Hmm... The problem with this one is that it borrows a tuner to allow viewing in another room, therefore, if I DID want to view something elsewhere and record on the main box at the same time as viewing another channel, I understand this is not possible. However, certainly a possible solution for the short term. Thanks for the info, it gave me a lead to go and read up on it.

I am leaning towards installing an 8 way LNB. I have a few problems at hand with this however, as i live one flat from the top of the shared building. I have access the apex roof, but if I could get the new LNB on the sat, potentially I might feed 8 cables down the side of the building into the flat. Not sure how unsightly this may be and, there is a sloped ground about 30-35 below where I would have to place ladders and climb up to fix the cables and feed to my flat (totally hate heights). I had a local engineer install the dish for me, they charged me an arm and a leg for it and he did not fix the the cable to the wall due to no safe ladder placement.

Sorry if this sounded more like a rant, but I am quite gutted at the prospect of not being able to do this :(

• If you want to do a posh install you could always install a switch, that way you can send Tv/Radio and satellite down the same cable, although you would still need two feeds if the receiver has a twin tuner.

All you would need is a quattro lnb (Not a quad) and a satellite multiswitch. You can get them on ebay usually quite cheaply. If you go for the receiver powered ones you won't need to run a power feed to it, although the powered ones usually work better by past experience.

The only other way to run two feeds down one cable is by using a Global Stacker/Destacker setup which retail around £70 - £100, but you still need to input two feeds into the stacker unit first.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Or a unicable lnb

Sent by pressing buttons.

• Not all receivers support unicable, 99% of receivers will work with a switch.

Nano

• Hmm.. As i previously mentioned, i really don't like heights. That's why I am really hoping there is an easier solution for me. I wonder if Santa can switch me a quad LNB tonight whilst he is up there? :59: Please Santa, I won't ask for anything else..lol

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!