Sat feed to another room

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,486 times. The last Post () by roddypiper.

• Hi all,

Currently I have a sat dish feed to my living room. I would however, like to set up another box in my spare room (aka mancave). I purchased a small 2 way splitter from a local electronic shop, hoping that I could just split the feed that comes into the living room and supply one box in the living room and the other in the spare room. It was soon apparent to me that this would not work :( Due to my lack of sat knowledge I am somewhat at a dead end now as to what options are open to me in order to achieve my wish. Please can someone inform me what is the best thing to do. It would be very much appreciated.

Piper

• Hello buddy, the best way to do this is to install a twin LNB on your dish, that way you can keep your original feed running to the living room and than have another feed running to your mancave... to future proof it you could go one step further and install a quad LNB instead of the twin, that way you can have two feeds running to the two rooms you are using to be able to record one channel and watch another...

Replacement LNB's are available from our site sponsor here: World of sat

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• run a 2nd line/cable from your LNB (box the is mounted on dish) buddy if the LNB is capable! You may need to get a 2 way or 4 way LNB depending on your dish!

e.g my new sly sat dish has 4 way LNB so you can run 4 feeds off/through it by connecting from the LNB - so check the LNB of your sat and see how many ports are there!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I have a limited budget at the mo and I am really not too good with heights. Is there any thing I can do that would not mean I have to climb on to the roof(besides pay someone else to)?

• Off top of me head!
    you could loop/connect the 2 receivers using Sat cable (what boxes do you have)....however 2nd box would have to watch 1st

So link the Sat feed to main box, then run another feed out of main box into other box

lssdalogo.png

• Well thats where your budget went then :snicker:

TBH mate with that type of kit the best option will be running the cable from LNB and having separate feeds = seperate control (if you see a sly man ask if he fancies some cash in hand lol)

the 2nd option will work, but why have a porsche if you only travel 30mph lol!

lssdalogo.png

• Lol, I cant argue with you there :)

Is there a power splitter that could be installed inside the roof that would enable me to feed 1, 2, 4... etc etc?

• Not 100% sure on that option buddy, but we do have a few members here that I can think off (nano / rik-rikjaard / todali) that are well up to speed on all the options that are available to you. Once one of them see's your thread i'm sure they will reply.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Edited once, last by mckee25: How could i forget todali !!! shame on me lol, sorry bud ().

• Is there a power splitter that could be installed inside the roof that would enable me to feed 1, 2, 4... etc etc?

This is possible yes however you would still have to run 4 feeds from the dish into the attic so you can receive all transponders/polaritys... and the equipment aint cheap so your best option is to run seperate cables to the boxes as already advised.

MK

• I was teally trying to avoid asking that question due to the fear that the answer would be as it is.. I guess I had to know.

I think I will try the idea of feeding one box and take a link out to the other.

Has anyone got an idea of what the cost might be for an engineer to fit a 4 way LNB, just a ball park figure? One other thing, I have a diseqc on the sat dish as I recieve 28.2 and 19.2. Would this mean more work required?

• You can split a satellite cable with the correct type of passive splitter _
    BUT
    You cant use both boxes at the same time is there will be voltage and LNB command clashes.

As stated here already your best option is to buy a Quad LNB and have 4 feeds running from it, 2 to each box in question should you wish to use them at the same time ? ---- ~ don't be afraid to wave a *** van down and ask them ¬ £40 most charge to do the whole job _ Dont expect a gold plated install neither.

Failing that get a local installer - Its an hours work tops !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Does solo 2 have LNB loop through ? again you are limited to sharing one band at a time !

What you need to understand roddypiper is the satellite signals arrive at your dish in 4 bands -

Horizontal high
    vertical high
    horizontal low
    vertical low

bbc transponder for bbc london example 10773 H is LOW BAND HORIZONTAL which means receiver sends 18v to lnb switching it to Horizintal .

if a second receiver trys to switch to say 10758 V Itv london it will send 13v to switch to vertical but nothing will happen because 18v from other receiver will take precedent as it is higher voltage -

Both receivers can receive from same polarity and band at the same time - so they could both be tuned to different channels at the same time but you will have to know the frquency and band of the channel before switching to it ....
    You could edit a channel list to be in band / polarity specific listings - its abit of a ball ache in all honesty as you can be sure at some point the conflict will occur and cause you distress all be it as your team scores or the bad guy gets hit !!!

You have decent boxes the only way to get the most out of them is connect them up separately really.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Great info.

I was hoping that I could just link them in the short term, until I convince the money holder that the most viable option would be to install a new quad LNB. All this info is surely helping me to achieve that :)

My knowledge has surely been enriched.

Can you recommend a quad LNB?

• hi,i never test it, but i read it , is possible throug your internal internet red
    to allow send the chanels listes and watch in the segond vu the chanels you have in your master vu . not needed cable from the dish to your 2 vu.

sorry my english

can any expert confirrm please tkyou

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!