Slow blind Scan with VU+ Duo2

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,811 times. The last Post () by dbstaff.

• For the experts out there, I need some info please.

Why is the blind scan so slow on the Vu+Duo2 receivers. I have compared the scan times on both C band and Ku band using Openvix, Openatv and Pnigma images which do not use plugin related scan. The comparison was against an Octagon linux based receiver model 1028 which utilizes StiLinux and does not use a plugin related scan.

The Vu+ Duo has a much, much faster processor and memory compared to the Octagon's 450 mhz. chip. It would seem to me that even if the current blind scan drivers for the Vu+ are not optimized, they should still scan faster than the Octagon.

I sincerely hope the coders iron out the kinks in the drivers because it is doing a terrible disservice to the performance of this outstanding receiver.

• Did you ever get any feedback on this question sir? I found the VU+Solo2 to be slow also...even a clone DM800se scans it faster when i test a little :(

Regards..

• Did you ever get any feedback on this question sir? I found the VU+Solo2 to be slow also...even a clone DM800se scans it faster when i test a little :(

Regards..

The blindscan of the solo2 may be slow but it's the most sensitive and most thorough of any E2 based receiver by a country mile.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!