1channel stopped working

There are 309 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 36,167 times. The last Post () by gerryd13.

• hi ian im having the same issue... but cant find any .py files in the extensions/1channel folder only plugin.pyo and plugin.pyc files so no plugin.py to delete? any ideas buddy? it worked the first time i installed your latest pack and now nothing again?

p.s thankyou for your continued support m8

• Any hosts that you know that don't work? Better to remove them instead of trying 5-10 before you succeed...Thx

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• you guys really are missing the point here.

the occupy proxy that Inspiral is using has started to work again simply because its not been used by anyone in several days.

its not the fault of the hosting sites really as they have to protect themselves,and whats happening is because all the different ip's connecting to the header makes the sites bot protection think its under DDOS attack so its throwing up an i am human honestly captcha.

because the stand alone 1channel plugin doesnt have the code in it to confirm that its human,simply because its never written because at the time of concept,it wasnt needed,the proxy is being suspended after a certain amount of redirects in an as yet unknown time period.

once all the different ip's stop trying to connect the suspension is lifted and the proxy will work once more.

the only way to avoid this is for each individual to create and add their own private proxy to the 1channel plugin,or to write the code into the plugin to continue past the bot check captcha.

until either of these are done by the user,then the plugin will never remain working over a sustained period.

so in short the more that use the proxy inside the plugin the less time it will work for.

simples.

Ian.

Edited once, last by ian1095 ().

• Thanks for the info ian m8..... How to we go about creating our own private proxy bud to stop this happening again?
    In layman's terms cus were not all ****hot with this type of things.... In fact I'm a bit of a Noob ;)

• Here i thought this was all to do with service providers blocking the streaming sites that are known to them ,now we have proxy redirects that want to know your human , can you please then explain why the occupy proxy still works for torrent sites while it cannot for 1 channel , bottom line is if you dont use it itll work is that what you are saying ? thats a great concept , so if i dont drink my lager ill always have a one in the fridge :10lol:

• its all about money.

they want you to pay thats all.to entice you they offer a free service,but this free service has limitations and only allows a certain amount of redirects in a certain time frame.go over that,and the proxy will be suspended.once the requests for redirection cease,the suspension is lifted.

so one or two users of a proxy will be fine,but when its added to a plugin that hundreds are using you will incur a suspension.

of course if someone paid for the premium proxy,then this wouldn't be a problem.but who's going to do that ? lol.

Ian.

• the plugin is not open source,subix choose to make it that way for reasons of his own.

so because of this you cannot access the files to edit them without first decompiling them.
    and teaching people how to decompile is not something i wish to do,simply because if every Tom Dick and Harry can do it,then everything thats now presently written in python will soon be written in C++ instead,so as to protect any closed source material,if this happens,everyone is screwed because you cannot decompile C++

Ian.

• So basically when it goes again we just have to keep getting the new file off here... And the more users the quicker it screws up... Which is a bugger.... I wish I new how to do these things lol ... Thanks though Ian

• i cant help it yummer im sorry.

subix wishes the plugin to remain closed source.i cannot go against his wishes and decompile the plugin and the openly post the plugin.py file for all to edit and use.

if someone with loads of dosh wishes to pay for a premium proxy for everyone to use then if they sent me a pm with that proxy i would add it and everyone could then be happy.

but this isnt going to happen im afraid.

Ian.

• No probs m8... Its easy enough to ftp the new file over anyway... Your doing a great job keeping it going m8 just a shame it keeps buggering up all the time as its a brilliant plugin which is often used

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!