2 boxes, 1 server & 1 client

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,366 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hello people ;)

Question: If you have 2 boxes at home. 1 serving as a server and 1 for watching, are there no way of not using 1 hop when sharing in your local network? My reason for the question is that I will loose all the channels that I do not have reshare rights on, and therefore cannot watch these channels unless I use my server for watching tv aswell

thx
    bq

• Hello people ;)

Question: If you have 2 boxes at home. 1 serving as a server and 1 for watching, are there no way of not using 1 hop when sharing in your local network? My reason for the question is that I will loose all the channels that I do not have reshare rights on, and therefore cannot watch these channels unless I use my server for watching tv aswell

thx
    bq

you have pretty much answered your question yourself mate. the line you have in your server is hop1 if you give your reshare ( if you have it ) to 2nd box then it would have to be hop2 . unless you get another line & put into your 2nd box , that way you will have hop1 in both boxes.
    cheers

• get your peer to add 1 extra hop and explain why to him

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• so if you have 2 lines you can put one in each of the boxes. is that what you mean

yes that is what he means mate , that way you are guaranteed hop1 in each box , only if your peer is giving direct from himself.

• just ask your peer for extra hop or extra line its easier

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!