Vu duo scart problem?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,076 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• When I use HDMI cable the picture is fine but when I switch to scart the image is too far stretched towards the left. It makes it difficult to read the writting on the menus due to most of it being cut off. I've tried AV settings, the problem is still there.

Is this a common problem with vu duo if using a scart?

• yes mate as the image skins are designed to run at such resolutions that output through the hdmi. You could try a different skin

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I've tried settings in the TV and no joy. I changed to another skin, it sorted out the info bar and menu due to them being centered else they would have been cut off if they weren't centered. It's not that bad now however certain extended menus are cut off.

I hope they design a skin for SD TV's in case anyone wants to use a scart else theres no point in having a scart socket on the receiver.

• its the skin 100% had same problem and never sorted unless i went hdmi out

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• HDMI to your TV! Are you connecting it to a modern TV? You should have an HDMI connection on the back of your TV which you can connect the VU+ to!

I'm currently using it via the hdmi cable and the menus don't get cut off but when I plug in a scart socket it gets cut off.
    Is hdmi connection the only way everything will be displayed properly on screen?

• hdmi is needed on a hdmi box as skins etc are designed around hdmi resolutions. You will always have probs if you go for scart out

new2

• Seems to be....Is this for sending the signal to another TV?

No. My TV broke down recently and I had to replace it with a standard one until my HD set was fixed, this is when I noticed the problem.

When my HD set was repaired I tried connecting the duo to the TV via the scart socket and got the same result as the standard def TV.

hdmi is needed on a hdmi box as skins etc are designed around hdmi resolutions. You will always have probs if you go for scart out

new2

It's pointless them having scarts on the receiver if you can't make proper use of them.

• have you tried with the original vu image ??

new2

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!