OSCAM on Android using Newcamd

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,600 times. The last Post () by goplays.

• Hi Guys and Gals

Merry Christmas to you all 1st

I have been a silly boy and purchased a new box to put on my home based server, I got a MediaArt7Ultra hybrid. I have no clue why, it just looked good in the shop lol.

Anyway, I have got my XBMC working fine, and will look at the ip TV side over Christmas when bored.

I have manged to get it to connect to my OSCAM 120 unstable, however I get a message on the users page saying incorrect protocol for newcamd

Anybody got/come across a problem like this in past or have any tips on how I tackle this.

Stu

• Can anybody tell me where to look for the protocol in OSCAM 120.
    Where I may find others or settings to install.

I have a full back up of my server so not bothered if I crash it, only 5 boxes around the house on it

• 1a3ce828ac.jpg

Box 1 and 3 are currently switched off but work ok, box 2 is on freeview

box 4 and 5 are the same box being honest on 2 different lines, 1 is NEWCAMD in the box the other is MGCamd.

As you can see it is saying, unknown please report. That is in the protocols area

I have not got a clue where to start looking for this, they are android based boxes, the cam is IpCam v2.4.8 which came with the box on a memory stick.

Boxes are Mediaart 7 ultra.

I have the XBMC working fully and can view on IPTV also. so id not a major problem for most things, however would still like to get the sat side of things working.

I think hybrid boxes are now starting to hold their own, not there yet. But the fact I can download any app, use XBMC, stream stuff and if get working use for home sat system. All for £150 think it becomes a very interesting little box to play with.

• Stu whats you setup you have 5 boxes ? all media art ? I am asuming 1 box is a server for them all ? or do you have a pc server ? do you have a local card or are you trying to run oscam with a line ? if you can be clearer then we can go from there because the other day I wasnt sure and still not .

• Hi Bud

I have a PC server with local card, All boxes are different. 1 is an TM500s, old but still works ok, I have F3 box on, crap but works. I have an amiko alien 2 running in spark and also have amiko micro with magic eye, that is in my caravan. But I delete that from the server when I am not around.

However if I forget to add in a line for the mini before I go to my van, I know my server details, username and password on all my boxes, so not a problem.

• have to be honest there isnt much information on them i can find but i like android a lot on phones tablets and have loads of stuff for the kids a plan is hatching to get one of these for myself to play with ,I think is you were running oscam/cccam server rather than oscam alone you would be ok to connect or there would be a lot more posts with issues

• I will have a play and set up another Oscam Cccam server, give myself a feed line from the 1st as only have the 1 card, but that is not a problem making the line a reader.

Then see about setting this box up alone as a Cccam and if works I will get back to you

• I will have a play and set up another Oscam Cccam server, give myself a feed line from the 1st as only have the 1 card, but that is not a problem making the line a reader.

Then see about setting this box up alone as a Cccam and if works I will get back to you

I would be interested to know the score with ipcam might be an idea to try it on a pad and see what I can see if anything im keen on an android box but not a headache too much else on the go no time to play

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!