VU+ Duo2 is Very Hot around the Tuners

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,555 times. The last Post () by yummer.

• When I feel the area around my tuners it's very hot, if I touch the tuners themselves they burn my hand!

I thought this would be fixed in the latest version of Blackhole 2.0.8 but I just downloaded it and it's not lowered the temps. I notice that the issue is fixed in VIX. What's going on? How can I fix this please?

• just go into menu/setup/system /temp and fan control and put it up a bit and press green to save the setting , menu /information /about will give you the temperature also mine are normally about 33-35 degrees

There is no "Temp and fan control" menu within the "Setup" menu. Menu, Information, About doesn't show the temperature. Have you installed something to get those features?

I have got plenty of airflow around the unit and I don't have anything sat on top of it.

• When I feel the area around my tuners it's very hot, if I touch the tuners themselves they burn my hand!

I thought this would be fixed in the latest version of Blackhole 2.0.8 but I just downloaded it and it's not lowered the temps. I notice that the issue is fixed in VIX. What's going on? How can I fix this please?

I dont have this receiver but do you have FC2 available as that might help...the tuners running hot appears to be normal with these boxes from what i have read so far.

Top of the range receiver...no need to touch the box either//leave it alone and well ventilated:)

• There is no "Temp and fan control" menu within the "Setup" menu. Menu, Information, About doesn't show the temperature. Have you installed something to get those features?

I have got plenty of airflow around the unit and I don't have anything sat on top of it.

sorry bud was reading again your on blackhole is saw vix and missed that part the powers of lager :59:

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!