Is TSPanel stable on VU+ Duo2?

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,058 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• I read this somewhere:

We discovered that the TS-Panel hacks into too many important system files and very messily too, this in turn causes instabilities in the image and makes it almost impossible to fully remove all traces of the panel from the image

Is that true or can I install TS Panel on my VU+ Duo2 without worrying about those issues because they're not true?

• I read this somewhere:

Is that true or can I install TS Panel on my VU+ Duo2 without worrying about those issues because they're not true?

I think there might be some truth in that however i dont use this software so i have never bothered to investigate any issues the plugin may cause.

Is there any specific reason you want to use the tspanel as i dont use it and i have no problems with anything i want my vu+ to do for me.

MK

• I bought a VU+ Beginners guide and it showed that TS Panel has a LinuxSat-Support downloads section where you can download all the latest Oscam, etc. Seems a lot easier than trying to find it online (I couldn't find an IPK package easily) until I asked someone for it. Is there a similar function that can do that when not using TS Panel?

• I bought a VU+ Beginners guide and it showed that TS Panel has a LinuxSat-Support downloads section where you can download all the latest Oscam, etc. Seems a lot easier than trying to find it online (I couldn't find an IPK package easily) until I asked someone for it. Is there a similar function that can do that when not using TS Panel?

You bought a beginners guide! ffs where did you buy that? These people should be shot selling this nonsense.

Anyway what image are you using on your vu box...

• BlackHole-2.0.8. I bought the guide for £1 on Ebay and I learned more from reading that step by step guide than I did from looking in forums for several days. I don't understand why there aren't any step by step guides on forums or anywhere...

Unfortunately the one thing it doesn't tell you how to do is configure Oscam to read a Sly card which is what I needed the most! I downloaded a pre-configured image and I can view Sly now but it would be nice if I knew how to setup Oscam myself to read my Sly card!

• BlackHole-2.0.8. I bought the guide for £1 on Ebay and I learned more from reading that step by step guide than I did from looking in forums for several days. I don't understand why there aren't any step by step guides on forums or anywhere...

Unfortunately the one thing it doesn't tell you how to do is configure Oscam to read a Sly card which is what I needed the most! I downloaded a pre-configured image and I can view Sly now but it would be nice if I knew how to setup Oscam myself to read my Sly card!

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=3280&p=116386&viewfull=1#post116386

Download the third one down here on post 88//mgcamd and oscam/ftp to tmp and install via your remote

• BlackHole-2.0.8. I bought the guide for £1 on Ebay and I learned more from reading that step by step guide than I did from looking in forums for several days.

Did you overlook the V.I.P option ? http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=2311

check it out

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

Download this ## Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin ##

With ## Dreambox Control Center ## FTP enigma2-plugin-extensions-linuxsat-support-addons_1.0_mips32el.ipk to /tmp/ folder on the receiver..

Press Green Button > Yellow Button > Manually Install IPK Packages > Select .ipk file & Press OK > Restart the receiver..

Press Green button & start Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin..

Press OK on { Cams - BlackHole 2.x.x }.

Scroll down the list & select Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey > Press OK to install > Restart the receiver..

Press Blue Button > Scroll left or right then select the softcam we just installed > Press OK to activate / start the softcam..

Configs for UK card is preloaded in this softcam so no other configuration is needed..

• Official Post

I got a reply on another site not to use it.

The reply you got on WOS wasnot to use TSpanel with Vix/or OPen Pli images. It interferes with the mounting process on said images. If it works fine for you, then that is good to hear. At some stage, the image will want to do something, but won't be able to because TSpanel has taken control and modified the system file. TSpanel will work fine, but the image won't do what it wants to. May not necessarily result in a crash. It is up to you what you want to prioritise.

As already mentioned, the Addons Manager is fine with Vix and OpenPLI. http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30475

Tspanel works fine using Blackhole images.

• The reply you got on WOS wasnot to use TSpanel with Vix/or OPen Pli images. It interferes with the mounting process on said images. If it works fine for you, then that is good to hear. At some stage, the image will want to do something, but won't be able to because TSpanel has taken control and modified the system file. TSpanel will work fine, but the image won't do what it wants to. May not necessarily result in a crash. It is up to you what you want to prioritise.

As already mentioned, the Addons Manager is fine with Vix and OpenPLI. http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30475

Tspanel works fine using Blackhole images.

I have never had any issues at all with it so cant agree or disagree with that statement but having no issues speaks for its self

• I have never had any issues at all with it so cant agree or disagree with that statement but having no issues speaks for its self

well without getting into another argument we spent several hundred man hours testing and found multiple issues that were only present in the image when TSpanel was installed, without TSpanel these issues never occurred. if it works for you fine but we cant recommend a plugin that tampers with system files and makes it self physically impossible to remove from a system without a full reflash.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• menu/plugins/red button/extentions/ts panel exit exit exit press hold power /restart enigma / woooooosh its gone , now i have to install it again ffs , just playing with you but it does uninstall and you may well be right but im not having issues
    :32_002:

• menu/plugins/red button/extentions/ts panel exit exit exit press hold power /restart enigma / woooooosh its gone , now i have to install it again ffs , just playing with you but it does uninstall and you may well be right but im not having issues
    :32_002:

not quite, while it may appear to be removed the plugin leaves several remnants in the image that can not be removed including system files it hacked as part of it's install process. no matter how you go about it you can never fully remove TSpanel from ViX or any other Pli or Pli based image without a full reflash.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• not quite, while it may appear to be removed the plugin leaves several remnants in the image that can not be removed including system files it hacked as part of it's install process. no matter how you go about it you can never fully remove TSpanel from ViX or any other Pli or Pli based image without a full reflash.

What i cannot see and isnt causing me issues im not going to worry about it stands as testament to the vix image that you can do things your not supposed to and it stil keeps going , Thanks for sorting fraggle out BTW good of you to do that

:thumbsup:

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!