Sly EPG for VU+ Duo2

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,971 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• I read this somewhere:

OpenTV allows you to receive the EPG guide from your satellite, (Its the exact same data Sly use for their EPG, so you can be sure its 100% up to date, all the time). This is better, because it is always updated by Sly (who better to provide the data?). And also you will never have any problems, I have been using this since I got my box, and it's never failed on me.

So is CrossEPG and OpenTV the best things to use? I know what CrossEPG does but what does OpenTV do?

Can someone please tell me how to setup and configure both of them.

• I'm using Blackhole 2.0.8. I I followed that guide. The EPG is working now but the EPG looks Blue and pretty basic. I downloaded Cool TV Guide but I have a few problems:

The Cool TV Guide EPG does not show when I press the EPG button. Also on the channel list when I press 3 for MultiEPG, the Cool TV Guide is not shown, I only get the blue EPG. I can only access Cool TV Guide by holding the Blue button then selecting "Cool TV Guide".

In Cool TV Guide the channel names show in plain text (which is what I want) but the left and right part of the channel names are cut off so for example instead of seeing the channel name of "ITV4 HD" I can only see "V4 H". How can I change it so that the full name of the channel is shown?

• OK. A bigger problem for me at the moment is the Sly+HD skin for Cool TV Guide. I selected a skin of "MyDesign" yet I can't see the new skin in the EPG. I installed the skin from the LinuxSupportAddons menu. I assume I'm also supposed to select the skin from the following place?: Main Menu, Setup, System, Skin. When I did it said the skin isn't compatible with Blackhole 2.0.8. Any idea what versions it's compatible with? Seems strange the the Cool TV Guide works but the skin for it does not?!

• Official Post

Any idea what versions it's compatible with? Seems strange the the Cool TV Guide works but the skin for it does not?!

Others are having the same issue with compatibility on BlackHole, only seems to be working on OpenViX & OpenPli based images as far as i can see buddy..

## S K Y.HD Skin +cool tv guide skin by abell431 ##

• The sly+ HD skin is only for the cool tv plugin, the one you have downloaded from our addons menu is to change the skin of the image... although as you say this one is not compatible with BH 2.0.8

The BH addons panel will provide you with skins that will work with their image.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• OK could someone please advise me of an plugin that will make my EPG look something like this where it shows 16 channels on screen in mini mode and it clearly shows the names of the channels b6317fff6706ac.jpg

I'm not too bothered about how it looks as long as it has those features.

• Never mind I just adjusted the "Left Section Width" sizes to 200 so I don't even need a skin for Cool TV Guide anymore. Just wondering though, how can I uninstall plugins installed via the LinuxSat Support Addons extension? I've changed too many settings on Cool TV Guide so I want to uninstall it then reinstall it again.

• Official Post

Never mind I just adjusted the "Left Section Width" sizes to 200 so I don't even need a skin for Cool TV Guide anymore. Just wondering though, how can I uninstall plugins installed via the LinuxSat Support Addons extension? I've changed too many settings on Cool TV Guide so I want to uninstall it then reinstall it again.

If you are still using BlackHole image then press Green button > Yellow button > Addons uninstall panel..

• yes you can un-install it by a FTP program,

Goto usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions delete the cooltv folder and restart your box.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Edited once, last by mckee25 ().

• On another issue I noticed this comment on Google: "You want crossEPG & OpenTV. forget this rytec boll*cks."

I'm already using CrossEPG and OpenTV but with Rytec-Sly UK. What's wrong with Rytec and should I be using Sly-UK instead? What's the difference? I notice that Rytec uses an EPG type of: ext_dat
    whatever that means, and Sly-UK has an EPG type of: OpenTV. So I thought I should be using that since it mentions OpenTV and I'm already using CrossEPG with OpenTV?

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!