50mg help please

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,327 times. The last Post () by entropy.

• hi lads i am thinking of getting the 50mg pack but is the modem ok for cs as a server or is it best to have a separate modem and router.
    thanks

• Not sure what you mean....what's the '50mg pack'?

If its a 50Mbit internet connection then its way more than enough!

What box are you going to be using to receive your satellite signals?

Your modem won't act as the server...you'll need a Linux server or Linux satellite receiver to send and receive your CS info!

• virgin will give you a "virgin superhub" for their 50mb service . It is a netgear/linksys i believe so is quite good for what you need it for. You will still obviousely need a linux based server or receiver on your local network to act as a server. All the virgin hub does is handle network traffic etc for the internet.

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i have a dm600 as my server and all is good but i just wanted to know if its easy to setup the new 50mg hub for cs, port forwarding and what know.
    thanks

• a lot depends on your upload speed. in some areas virgin give about 5mb upload on the 50mb package. So in theory streaming a movie in hd would be possible( hd uses about 3-4mb upload ) if the client end had about 3-4mb download speed. Obviousely you could only do this for one user on the virgin network as they dont support multicast packets yet for streaming.

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• it is very easy to setup for port forwarding . Don't know about c/s but forwarding other ports works fine so can't see u having a problem with c/s . Have a couple of friends in uk who use this hub and they have no issues

new2

• 50mb down and 5mb up speeds will be more than plenty for your needs . c/s uses minimal load on net connection obviously dependant on amount of peers etc

new2

• u mean your clone modem ??

new2

• no worries , hope all sets up ok for you
    new2

• same as its always bin mate done nothing i have another 3 working aswell all 20mg but shit upload speed and only get 5mg download at night most times,the others have been working for i think 18 months. also if you can help me here,at one time i could get into my box with my no ip address miles away over the net but it wouldent stream just take snapshots and change channels and that,anyway i was triying to see if i could do it again for when i get my 50mg but i forgot how i did it,do i just put my no ip addy and port number,i'm getting very forgetfull i'm only 46 lol.
    thanks

• you should have asked for a seperate modem and router and sayed that the hub is unreliable at least is router packs in its easier to go buy new routher than havening to wait on them sending you a new super hub r wait on an engineer to come out to u well tahats wat i did and got both seperate lol

• they said they don't do that with 50mg cuzz thats what i wanted mate. i am getting access to my server box over the net with my dyn addy but it can only take snap shots not stream, what could it be stopping me streaming over the net is it my upload speed,sozz to go on to somthing elss

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!