Help needed for VU+ Solo2 Black Hole image 2.0.7

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,666 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi everyone

Hopefully some kind person can help this newbie, here’s my current situation I have a VU+ solo2 box with a 1m motorized dish and have been using an old image of Black hole (1.7 or 1.9 I think). I finally decided to update the image that I was using. So I’ve downloaded version 2.0.7 and unzipped it and installed it on my box, however I can’t figure out how to enter the correct settings for my set up, Tuner A was set up for my motorized dish (USAL?) and Tuner B was set up for Astra 28.2E for my old dish. I have tried to update the image 2 or 3 times the image is updated with no problems but I am struggling with dish config part of the set-up

Here's what I've done so far

Installed the image and then got a network connection and IP address when I get the prompt to config tuner A I select simple - positioned and then enter Longitude & Latitude details press ok and then set-up tuner 2 to single satellite 28.2° east and then press OK again.

I then finish the set-up and then load a channel list and try a free to air channel from different satellites but don't get any picture or sound when I select any of the fta channels. I get the image showing that the dish is being re-positioned but no picture or sound?

I did read on another forum as part of the set-up that you need to so I did this on the original install
    "Press Menu
    Select Setup Press OK
    Select service searching Press OK
    Select Positioner Setup Press OK
    Select goto 0 Press RED Button

Dish should now goto 1w." I did this when I tried to update the image the first time and as far as I know the dish goes to 1W, I tried to update the image originally so I'm not sure if this has caused a problem or not? is it possible that the settings that I am entering aren't re-positioning the dish as it doesn't seem to move?

if anyone can offer any help, advise or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. If you need me to post any screen-shots or any other information let me know. If I have posted this is the wrong place please feel free to move it to the correct one and accept my apologies

Many thanks paul_genesis
    :59:

• Thanks for the links cazuela
    I did do a back-up of the previous image and have tried to reinstall it but without success
    I'll try and glean the necessary info from the links supplied and hopefully this will help me to complete the set-up
    Many thanks paul_genesis

• I have tried to follow the links that cazuela provided but it seems that my dish won't move to any other position, as part of the upgrade it specified as one of the steps was to point the dish to 1 degree West which I did (see below for the instructions I followed from the sat pimps website), it now appears that the dish doesn't move when I select any of the satellites whether I use USALs or not even with a fresh install.

These are the steps that I followed that I believe are causing the problem.

"Configure Tuner for Motorised Dish using USALS.
    Use the < > buttons on remote to select Simple.
    Use the down button to select mode and use the < > buttons to set to Positioner.

Configuration Mode: Simple
    Mode: Positioner
    Longitude: 0.000 (I entered my own Longitude settings here)
    WEST
    Latitude: 00.000 (I entered my own Latitude settings here)
    NORTH

Press OK to save.

Press Menu
    Select Setup Press OK
    Select service searching Press OK
    Select Positioner Setup Press OK
    Select goto 0 Press RED Button

Dish should now goto 1w."

it now appears that the dish doesn't move when I select any of the satellites so I'm well and truly stuck I can't upgrade my system and I can't re-install from a back-up?
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks paul_genesis

• FTP this catseye ipk over to /tmp then install by TELNET :

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

then a FULL RESTART of the box..
    then choose an FTA channel for example BBC1, if possible go out and check if the motor moves..
    Can you see both lights on the motor? are they flashing? readup the manual of the motor for troubleshooting..
    if all else fails disconnect the dish cable from back of stb,,
    give it a few mins ,,
    then reconnect and make sure you got power to the lnb,
    at least to the motor.(the motor lights )you should be able to manually move the motor ..
    after all this and still nothing ,then you´ll have to get up to possibly replace the lnb ..

• Big thank you to cazuela again for his response as soon as I get chance I'll try what he's suggested just not sure how I'm going to be able to see the lights on the motor? may have to rely solely on any signs of motor movement but I'll update you when I've tried this whatever the result is

• :09:
    I have managed to get FTA channels on the fixed dish (28.2E) but cannot get any FTA channels from my motorized dish no matter which satellite I select I just see the dish symbol flashing on the screen. I have left the system trying to move the dish and left it 2 or 3 minutes to see if the dish moves and locates the satellite but without success. I cannot see any lights on the motor from the part that is visible and it looks like the dish hasn't moved at all.
    So maybe cazuela was right and there is a problem with the motor or the LNB but at least 'we've' made some progress. I will start to investigate whether or not it's the motor or LNB.
    Thanks for the help so far
    paul_genesis

• looking forward to the problem and resolution at hand( forgive the pun )
    Hope it´s something simple like the cable connections , remember from stb to the motor and motor to LNB.
    check neither ends have corroded over time and good connections.
    Try manually moving the motor ( most motors have a manual move and reset button )

• I decided to ask the guy who installed the satellite system to have a look at the problem and the issue was caused by the motor being locked and not moving at all in fact when he brought the motor down and connected it directly to the VU+ box you could hear the workings grinding inside the motor.

So I need to buy a replacement motor to get back up and running

Thanks for the help that you kind people have offered much appreciated

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!