whats better oscam alone or oscam+cccam? (ubuntu server)

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,388 times. The last Post () by birdman99.

• hello
    to set up a ubuntu server for *** uk, whats better

oscam stand alone
    or oscam with cccam (oscam card reader)?
    (smargo o mouse?)

if oscam reads the card, is it updating the card anyway or do i have to put in

oscam user
    au - lowercard

oscam server
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1

are these files necessary?
    can somebody clear this
    thanks
    el pirate:feel_good:

• its a matter of personal preference. oscam standalone would mean any shares you wish to give for your card peers would need to be given an nline . Which they themselves could use in cccam still or mgcamd. I think with your card most tend to run oscam purely as card server passing the card then to cccam as the front end

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Just read this post.
    you may use oscam alone, it works in differnet protocols
    usingcccam protoccol you will provide your peer with a cline,
    using the newcamd protocol you give him a Nline
    if you use the camd35 protocol then he will need a Lline/

• For me oscam is much better and it does much more then cccam.
    It is open source and very well maintained;
    just give it a try and you will be surprised.
    Of course, it must be fine tuned

• ive learnt cccam. pretty easy but oscam whole new game plan,, learnt ubuntu as well now got linux server up and running thanks to ten bellow with his help,, now i have cccam & oscam 2.1.3 installed where the hell do i start lol.. i better start reading up as new boxnation wont work in cccam it needs oscam to decrypt. so looks like cccam is out dated now time to learn how to get this running,

• Good place to start is the OSCam wiki, link on the black bar near the top. Once you get the web interface (webif) up and running, you have everything there, and if you are not sure of anything, there is a link to the OSCam wiki on each setting. Loads of stuff on getting things working on this forum too!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• ive learnt cccam. pretty easy but oscam whole new game plan,, learnt ubuntu as well now got linux server up and running thanks to ten bellow with his help,, now i have cccam & oscam 2.1.3 installed where the hell do i start lol.. i better start reading up as new boxnation wont work in cccam it needs oscam to decrypt. so looks like cccam is out dated now time to learn how to get this running,

Hello sir
    please can you tell me wich Oscam version can read more cards , becaous now Im having Oscam can read only one cards and the sekned card NO
    please if you can helpe , send me emaile on Removed for your own safety
    thank you so much

• Official Post

Hello sir
    please can you tell me wich Oscam version can read more cards , becaous now Im having Oscam can read only one cards and the sekned card NO
    please if you can helpe , send me emaile on Removed for your own safety
    thank you so much

Use the latest version
    Latest Oscam file for Linux Pc 32/64 bit

• promo can you give a more detailed reply about the boxnation channel comment,did you bin cccam totally as a server on your setup?

His response, gave all the information required, perhaps you should word you question differently.

CCCam doesn't work well, if indeed at all with box nation as a local.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!