tryin to find 13e with *** dish

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,614 times. The last Post () by theblueirish.

• thanks 10.unfortunatly i just aint pickn up nothin,im workin off the position of 28e each time i rotatewithin a range of 30cm roughly from rotation,im thinkin 13 should be roughly 15 cm away from 28.by the way im measuring from the wall of the house.wud the lnb need to be rotated i wonder.

• the elevation is higher for 13º than 28º..remember from 0º it starts from highest point of arc ......so not just rotate dish from side to side but up a little also..
    theres plenty of tuts to help you find it..

• should be no probs on your dish for 13 degrees . whats your line of site like from the dish

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• From looking at the back of the dish you go right and up a little, make sure you have a rec tuned to 13' hotbird on a free to air channell eg..BBC, and as with most stb (sat receivers)they have built in signal strenth bar on the screen..be carefull as 19' is on the way..

• thanks annie,i dont know,i have moved my dish to now have ull 360 if needs be.im using vu duo and a cheap oul signal meter,do i need to install fills for 13e first b4 vu will recognise the signal.i think my box is sert for looking for 28.2 but i cant swap to anything else,i apolagise if these are stuid questions to some but im all out ideas.stil learning

• I imagine ,like most recievers/images , there would be a default frequency,,but why not install a providors list/channel list and look for it then,, I think BBC world news, was about one of the strongest freqs..but like annie12 said you shouldnt have any probs dragging in the signal ,remember you have to bypass 19º before you get to 13º...
    ah,,the pleasure of sat hunting ,few things can beat it ;)
    good luck

• have you got a free to air box with 13 on it?? if not try and install setting..
    on the vu go to plugins green button (download plugins)then go settings about the 6th down catseye ..download this reboot go button up/down you should now see green for satellites scroll till 13' services bbc world news which is free to air that should you going..ps pending on your dish/location
    28 to 13 when going right (west) your only talking about few inches ps take your time even when you have the sat picked up the tuner ect,will take a small amount of time to lock in all the best...ps.. look at the, show-us-your-set-up near the end of forum might help..

• have you got a free to air box with 13 on it?? if not try and install setting..
    on the vu go to plugins green button (download plugins)then go settings about the 6th down catseye ..download this reboot go button up/down you should now see green for satellites scroll till 13' services bbc world news which is free to air that should you going..ps pending on your dish/location
    28 to 13 when going right (west) your only talking about few inches ps take your time even when you have the sat picked up the tuner ect,will take a small amount of time to lock in all the best...ps.. look at the, show-us-your-set-up near the end of forum might help..

thanks again annie.iv followed ur instructions so have bbc news world on with boot logo in backround.im lookin at the signal bar on the info bar and cant seem to find neting,dish has perfect line no obstructions wat so ever,cept maybe a few clouds,il try again later babys awake .thanks again

• The OP is in the west of Ireland, He will be able to pick some transponders up on a *** dish but you will not get all of the bird.

If you were looking for a set transponder on Hotbird you should be able to get it but you would be better of with a 60cm or 80cm dish to get all the channels.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!