Amiko Alien 1 reboot issues

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,945 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I have been using Amiko Alien for some time now. It has always worked flawlessly on the Spark image.
    For some time now, it is giving me a lot of trouble. It randomly reboots for no good reason. I tried to flash it with a back dated Spark firmware, but the problem still exists.
    I also flashed it with Enigma 2 image. In case of this image, the problem occurs when I am “tuning” new channels. The moment I press the channel search button, the system crashes and reboots. Interestingly this can also happen within the Spark Enviornment i.e. system can crash while channel changing.

Does this imply a problem with the bootloader or it is a hardware problem?

Can you please help?

Best wishes,

• If its doing it on enigma and spark its more than likely a hardware issue, more than likely a tuner issue.

Nano

• Maybe unrelated but check if its only doing it when you switch to vertical or horizontal transponder. i seen this issue with a dm500 and a certain type of LNB (dont remember which). it kept rebooting when switching to a vertical channel on sat change. Switch sat on a horizontal transponder and it was ok.

• Its doing exactly the same thing that my old SHD-8900 did just before the tuner went pop on it, thats why i think it is hardware related.

Nano

• If its doing it on enigma and spark its more than likely a hardware issue, more than likely a tuner issue.

Nano

1. Is it viable to change the tuner? How much it costs?

2. I absolutely love the Spark Interface, as it is easy and reliable. Please recommend an alternative to Amiko Alien which can run Spark or a platform like Spark.

Ta

• Alright chaps, here is an update.

When I flashed it "freshly" with the Spark rescue image it worked fine.
    I powered it off for two hours, and now the bl***y thing is stuck on the boot LEDs in the panel.

• is it showing 00:00 on the front of the receiver?

• No it does not. Just says BOOT. Reflashed with rescue image, and works fine again.
    It possibly could not be a clone with a timebomb error hopefully. The packaging, finish is tip top.

It is doing my head in...

• I quickly found out how Iffy Amiko receivers are very quickly. The SHD-8900 wasn't bad other than the fact it only lasted 6 months before the tuner failed. The Alien 2 i had was an utter piece of s**t, definitely the worst receiver i have ever had the displeasure of owning. That also failed (within 7 days), this time the issue was with the HDMI output. Getting the seller to take the piece of s**t back was also a struggle, but i'm not going to go into that as my thoughts and feeling about that particular retailer is well known.

You have to ask yourself, if the specification is so high, how come its so cheap. It doesn't take long to figure out, its just unfortunate that the old sponsor is still still able to sucker people into buying this cheap Chinese crap.

I know this doesn't really help you and yes i do feel sorry for people who have been suckered into buying this Amiko crap, but in all honesty i would cut your losses, get rid of it and buy a proper Enigma 2 receiver with a Broadcom MIPS cpu that is designed to run with Enigma2.

Nano

Edited once, last by nano ().

• Amiko receivers use an Sti cpu which Enigma was never designed to run on. It has to be reversed engineered to work on the Sti cpu, so your at a loss before even starting.

If you still have the box it came in have a look fro spelling mistakes in the word "Alien" Most clones have it spelt "Alein" on the side of the package.

It could be a clone, although usually if it is and it gets hit with the timebomb from the Spark update you usually end up with only 00:00 on the front display and the receiver does nothing else.

Where did you buy it from. That can sometimes be an indication of its authenticity.

Nano

• Nano mate!

Point taken. Which particular boxes will you recommend? As long it is HD, and can record also.
    I found Spark easier over Enigma2. I used HDMU E2, but may be my setttings were wrong?

ta

• I quite like the Gigablue range of receivers, although these aren't to everybodies taste. To be honest as long as you buy something that uses a Broadcom MIPS CPU then Enigma 2 should work fine.

Best thing to do is decide what budget you have to spend on a new receiver and then look around at whats available.

Nano

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!