VU Uno setup satellites

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,343 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hello, I am hoping someone here may help.

Have a VU Uno Running Vix 3.0, i have upgraded my dish to a one meter from 70cm. The dish is fitted to a dark motor.

I paid to have the dish relined by an installer to save time.

I am trying to fine tune the satellites on the Vu box bu having really problems. Before is how i am doing it.

Tuner set to advanced - Satellite 11.w

LNB lnb1
    priority auto
    lof universal
    voltagemode pol
    increasd voltage yes
    tone mode band
    disq 1.2
    tone-bust none
    committed disqc none
    fast disq yes
    seq repeat no
    command order committed tonebust
    uncommiteed dis none
    disqec repeats none

use usals no
    stored postion 006

Then been going to postion setup

Tune and focus

Predefined transponder

Movment search east/west

Once it has found the transponder, i fine tune it and then save it to the position as in the tuner menu. I wanted to do this to tweak all my sats .

However i have been having problems, i do about 4-5 sats with the above method. Then when i use positioner setup or finding the next satellite one it cant find anything and get no lock. The dish is moving outside.

In the positioner setup i get a message which states " Warning no LNB using factory default settings "

I am really stuck and have been following instructions online and i am still not getting anywhere

• Hi thanks for the reply

When i had the dish setup the installer said i needed to fine tune the sats to peak them. The problem i have found with catseye one it puts loads of favs in for you i don't use. i would rather have mine I also can get more sats from my location with tweaking if i could get the manual way to work

When i had the dish setup the installer said i needed to fine tune the sats to peak them. The problem i have found with catseye one it puts loads of favs in for you i don't use. i would rather have mine I also can get more sats from my location with tweaking if i could get the manual way to work

the catseye was just an example as a starting point then you could easily scan each sat individually..
    Fav bouquets are easily deleted either manually or using dreambox edit or dreamset,,
    in your first post you say you start on 11w ( express am44) when it´s usually 0.8w(thor) to correctly setup for the arc.
    if you do want to set up in advanced then you have 32 possible LNB selections..
    as for "tweaking "... ¿ do you mean blindscanning??
    on a motor setup the lnb is always perpendicular ...

No 11w for scanning it was just an example tbh. i could start at 28.8 use the vu+ to tweek signal from fine movements do five then the box wont find or lock onto anymore sats and i dont know why?
    I dont mind scanning i have always done it like that. But i cant understand why u cant use fine movements and save the sats postions and why it says

" warning no LNB using factory defaults"

• strange one alright ,,have never come across that situation.
    remember that most if not all motors already have a `predefined memory".
    btw: How I "tweak" sats from my location is by subtracting the -2.58º from longitude which gives me "spot on" strongest signals through USALS..
    Just to eliminate a possibilty ¿ have you got a sat.xml file installed??
    I would add one ,full reboot then start again see if it makes a difference.....
    Look at the navbar above and you will see the link : http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=satxml
    as I say I think it would be worth a try and you can choose whichever sats you want
    let us know how you get on

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!