RF Modulator sound issue and 2 horizontal lines through screen. Fix???????

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,860 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hey,

So today i have setup a vu duo using a rf modulator (maplins). Got the picture up but on ever channel selected on the modulator im getting 2 horizontal lines move down the screen and white noise sound when sound settings BG and buzzing sound when set otherwise.

Been manually setting ****ogue channels trying to find a fix but every channel seems the same problem.

Apart from the lines the picture is good.

I have 2 rf cables that are go into the wall going upstairs suppliying 4 tvs upstairs, i bought a 4 way amplifier so i could accomodate both rf feeds.

Is 1 rf a input and another a output? currently both rf wires are plugged into the amplifier so both acting as output could that be the issue?

Existing rf setup was working fine using sly HD box.

Checked scart connections all fine.

Bit stuck wondering if anyone can help me out?

Cheers!

• Im not going to use a amplifier when i go back round, i think 1 of the coaxial cables was rf input so just going to get triax tri link rf modulator, cut out the amp and see if thats any better. Hopefully he will be able to use magic eyes that way too.

• sounds strange 2 rf output supplying 4 tvs but if u suspect one is an input then its 1 rf output suppling 4 tvs .Are u sure there is not another booster in the loft ?Are u sure one rf is not from the ariel and the other going to the booster suppling the 4 tvs? this is the order it should go in . from the roof areial to the in rf in on *** box then from rf 2 on *** box to rf in on the modulator the rf out on modulator to the booster .u can also take a cable from rf out 1 on *** box to your tv for the freeview .If u are using a magic eye on a tv upstairs it has to come from rf2 on the *** box also u have to turn on rf power in the engineer menu on the *** box for the magic eye .

• there is a seperate coaxial (white) coming from the aerial on roof so 3 all together coming out of the wall near tv, the 2 other (black) coaxial that was originally going into the old sly box, so 1 is rf inpt and the other is the rf out going upto the loft where i guesse there is a boosted sending feeds into each room?

the sly box is no longer being used the box is now a vu duo hence why the mod is needed.

the rf modulator i am using is from maplins and someone in another post said that the modulator may be the problem as some are better than others, i have read that the triax tri link rf modulator is pretty decent and allows the use of magic eyes also so i am going to replace the modulator i have now with a triax tri link rf mod.

the new setup will be as follows -

vu duo - scart into triax tri link rf modulator - rf out going upto to booster in loft - tv's upstairs

providing the setup in the loft is how we think that should work?

should this setup work even with the current modulator? (minus magic eye function) could the lines across picture and buzzing sound be a sign of another issue?

Edited once, last by stevo88 ().

• have you changed the rf out put channel of the modulator and tried re tuning some are set by ch up and down button some by an adjuster screw also make sure the tv tuner is set up for the right region or pal setting

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• yeah tried about 20 different channels and all exact same prob

I got a mercury one off the sponsor did the trick for me , to rule out wiring and amps i would first test at the tv the duo is on with the rf modulator first to prove the modulator then at the upstairs tv to prove the tuner with the duo playing a video even ,there is also settings on the duo scart /pal in av settings /video output to set have you done that ?

• i will go round tomorrow and try that steve and no i havent checked av settings on the duo i will do that aswell. will update tomorrow.

thanks alot!

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!