HOW TO - CCcam+Oscam Automated Installation for Ubuntu

There are 133 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 53,768 times. The last Post () by afc876.

• This is an automated installation script for Linux PC based cardsevers. The original scripts written by Youknowwho (R.I.P), this is his CCcam and Oscam script put together. A few modifications had to be done to the script incorporate Oscam and its dependencies, so other than the normal programs its installs (compared to the original script), it will install a few other ones that are need for oscam and various devices to fully function.

Oscam has been compiled, x86 (not 64bit), version #5376, it has webIF and smartreader support, smargo's and serial readers are pretty much ready to go. PCSC devices (Omnikey, etc) haven't been tested so I don't know if it works, feel free to test and report if they do.

Before installation open the CCcamOscamInstall.sh script and fill in the owner name with your user login name for linux i.e. login username = server, put server next to owner. Copy files to /tmp folder, chmod 755 the script file and as root in terminal(sudo -i, for ubuntu) run the script, it will put the neccessary files where they belong. A CCcam.cfg file is included with this, however all it has is a N line for Oscam to connect to CCcam, either copy your existing cfg file into this or copy the n line to your cfg file, one or the other, otherwise it will not work. Oscam.conf, Oscam.server and Oscam.user files are included too, however these need to be edited to incorporate your setup, i.e. smargo or serial reader, caid, there is plenty of info and guides on the forums to get it properly configured.

I have tried to get this to work on Ubuntu 8.0.4.4, sadly I couldn't get it to work (common glibc2.8 not installed error), an experienced linux user probably can get it working, I couldn't. Tested and working very well in Ubuntu 10.4. I take no credit for this, just someone trying to give back to the community, anything related to the script please put in forum and i shall get back to you. Please don't contact me about card setups, etc.

A

• G8 post alamski and Youknowwho (May his soul rest in peace) , he was g8 man.

Yhanks once again

• Mr YOUKNOWWHO , he did help me to make my first cccam server years back.and i never struggle with linux untill he died. what a great man he was. always remeber him.

jus a quick quisten

can we use oscam its own with out cccam as server?
    i heard we can cccam lines in oscam server too so whats the point to have cccam with oscam?

• Hi, just a quick question, i have on my pc the original autoinstall script for just Ccacam by Youknowwho.
    if i wish to install this new version with oscam do i have to remove anything from the original or just autoinstall over the top
    of original.

• Hi, just a quick question, i have on my pc the original autoinstall script for just Ccacam by Youknowwho.
    if i wish to install this new version with oscam do i have to remove anything from the original or just autoinstall over the top
    of original.

My advice would be to save your CCcam.cfg file, do a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.4, will not work on 8.0.4, run the install script, put the cfg file into the file that comes with it. That way n line is there with all your existing CCcam settings. After that you'll need to configure the oscam files. Once all done everything will just connect and work.

• If i'm not mistaken and don't quote me on this, as i'm not 100% sure, you shouldn't need to worry about reshares as these are defined in your f lines in your CCcam.cfg file, all oscam is doing is passing the card info to CCcam, CCcam then distributes it as you have set it.

• Official Post

yes i agree

but the point i like to explore is i strongly heard we can use oscam its own as server and cccam can be client not server.just asking if any body already have this experiment or not?

At the moment oscam cannot properly restrict reshare level so leaving your card open to abuse, it is far safer to use cccam as server. Do you now have your server up & running sunlight you havent updated us.

• in oscam now you can add limits to ecm requests per time period . So in essense you can restrict your card to some degree. Pain in the arse though to be honest . When oscam V2 is official you will all see cccam integrated nicely into oscam as one complete package. So hop1's hop 2's etc can be utilised. This is currently in development but hopefully not to far off the horizon !!!

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• server not ready yet mate as i have fault cd rom now and i did oredr the new one so i can install a fresh coppy of ubuntu 10.10 then i will update the thread for help or success.
    these are just the infor i am colecting so job can be easy on time.
    and by the way as there is too many auto install oscam on ubuntu, will you point me the most working installation to follow so i can face less pain please.

• Official Post

i am going to install this version ubuntu-10.04-server-i386 . is that ok?

I used the normal version but the server should work OK too.

I have tested on Ubuntu server 10.4, installed without errors, have omnikey reader arriving this week so will update whether these are ready to go also.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!