How to extract the Boxkey and RSA Key?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,197 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi folks,

I have a subscription of a local cable service (NET DIGITAL) in Brazil. I'll need to use the card in the DM800HD, however I was informed that I need the "Boxkey" and the "RSA Key" to do that because they use Nagra3.

I have no idea of how to extract that. The receiver (vanilla) has a usb port. I read about a "jtag" method but I don't know where to start from.

There's a note in the receiver, looks like the model is a hdc7411/78 but I didn't find any mention outside brazil in google, so I guess that's a nickname. There's also a S/N, so I may get the boxkey using the dec->hex proccess - that really works?
    But I would be still missing the rsa key. Any help is very welcome. People here don't share the information, they're probably getting profit with that.

My receiver is:

The card:

• i have a similar issue with my Canal+ spanish official sub and box, i have stopped looking into N3 & JTAG and just put up with using their crappy box and using video senders to different TV's / or sometimes even disconnect and reconnect box to the TV's….very annoying, but hopefully in time it will be easy to extract, until then i would give up looking lol

• It's a waste of time for the average person to try dump the box let alone find the rsa keys that are obfuscated and encrypted in the dump.
    It can be done but very difficult.

And btw everything you need to know about it has been available online for a few years through mr google :)

• You need to find someone to read the flash, and that is not public and there people charging big money for that...

• electronic students doing it here in spain
    make friends

• electronic students doing it here in spain
    make friends

Coders in Spain have been extracting the information from boxes for the past 6 years or more...same story in their neighbour Portugal...it is widely known that the majority of the information has surfaced from Spain tho...Nagravision Cardmagedon otherwise known as nagra aladin !

You can make friends but you at least have to post a picture of the inside of the box in question to identify the chip!

MK

• hi all, is not easy, I managed to obtain a dump of flash, but that be easier. it is difficult to interpret the data are encrypted.
    I*****2 system

• Hi

you will need to make a firmware flash dump from your STB , most likely will need to dessolder flash and read it in universal programmer might be expensive...

if you find a way of getting firmware dump i can decrypt bk and rsa block for you just send me PM after u get dump sorted out..

• hi all, is not easy, I managed to obtain a dump of flash, but that be easier. it is difficult to interpret the data are encrypted.
    I*****2 system

I®Deto2 and Nagravision(kudelski) are 2 completely different encryptions....

Which provider are you working on and what is it you are trying to do exactly?

MK

• Im trying to extract the RSA & BK from my N3 CABLE BOX. Its cisco brand and from what ive read its a BGA Chip that i need to remove and dump. Removing the chip is not a problem but can anyone point me in the right direction of what programmer i need to dump it to the PC? I can post pictures of the inside if anyone is willing to give some help. Cheers

• Great first post. You have been a member for six months and you haven't even bothered to do an introduction and your first post is in French in an English section of the board.

As said before this forum does not want to enter into any litigation with Kudelski who are the right owners of the Nagravision encryption system. It has been made clear in previous posts that this is not something that can be done by an amateur. You will just need to find the person/s who can do this for you in your area and pay them for their services.

This means I cannot, (even if i did know how to extract these keys) help anybody to obtain RSAKeys or Boxkeys, so please don't ask me.

Thread Closed.

Nano

Edited 5 times, last by nano ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!