Which image and why?!?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 683 times. The last Post () by codar.

• This might have been covered before but I'll try to kick it off again if it has...

I use OpenPLi 4.0 on the Duo2 and OpenPLi 3.0 on the 800se...

Reason being is the Dreambox was delivered with it....

As for the Duo2.... I first put on Blackhole and needed help on the forum they all use (mods for Blackhole)..
    I asked a question that wasn't allowed (my mistake) and got banned for a day. I didn't know I was banned but couldn't log in.... Tried on another computer without logging in and saw he'd banned me. When ban lifted I posted that the mod should explain why I was banned..blah blah blah. The mod permanently kicked me for multiple ids..! I only had the one!

So I got rid of Blackhole ... Lol..

I'd like to play with some other images but first I'd like to hear why you use them before I go reflashing my box!

• Backup your OpenPLI and have a good play around.
    Imo i found vix to be the easiest to setup.
    Running blackhole at the moment and getting to like it a lot.
    Skins make a huge difference to an image also.
    You get bogged down, just flash your backup.
    There's a lot of backup images on here that work straight out of the box as well.
    Enjoy

• Good call, I'm going to back it all up (pretty sure it's all backed up anyway...)

If I flash a new image to it will I need to set all the channels up again and addons?

Cheers...

• If you do a full backup, i think all settings, channel lists etc are in the backup. Ftp it on to your pc/ laptop before you have a play. At least then you'll have it no matter what you do to the receiver.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!