Lost Sly Premium Channels Temporarily

There are 49 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,894 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I've been recording fine for a week now with no problems but today I noticed that I wasn't getting a picture on any premium channels such as Sly Sports. I turned my box off at the back switch, put the card back in my Sly box and I got a picture on that. I then put the card back in my Duo2, turned it back on and I got a picture again. Is it normal for that to happen? How often does that happen?

Is there any way of preventing that from happening again?

I've got Oscam rev 8639 + CCcam 2.1.3 installed from the LinuxSatSupport addon.

• Enigma can get it's knickers in a twist I have found after it has done loads of recording or watching different types of media from different sources. Sometimes one has to reboot between them. I tend to do a complete shutdown at night unless I want to update my EPG or want to record something but I have found doing a cycle regularly avoids issues similar to the ones you describe.

You may also get around it by simply restarting your EMU or GUI(Enigma) as opposed to a full power cycle.

• Enigma can get it's knickers in a twist I have found after it has done loads of recording or watching different types of media from different sources. Sometimes one has to reboot between them. I tend to do a complete shutdown at night unless I want to update my EPG or want to record something but I have found doing a cycle regularly avoids issues similar to the ones you describe.

You may also get around it by simply restarting your EMU or GUI(Enigma) as opposed to a full power cycle.

Thanks. I'm not a fan of doing a complete shutdown as I've no idea if recordings are about to start or not and a recording could be in progress when I want to shutdown.

Do you know for sure that restarting your EMU or GUI(Enigma) will work. How do you do that and I assume that if a recording is in progress then I will lose the bits in the time it takes it to restart?

Do you know if there's any extension that could automatically restart my box once every day when there's nothing recording or nothing due to be recorded within 10 minutes?

• Thanks. I'm not a fan of doing a complete shutdown as I've no idea if recordings are about to start or not and a recording could be in progress when I want to shutdown.

Do you know for sure that restarting your EMU or GUI(Enigma) will work. How do you do that and I assume that if a recording is in progress then I will lose the bits in the time it takes it to restart?

Do you know if there's any extension that could automatically restart my box once every day when there's nothing recording or nothing due to be recorded within 10 minutes?

Go into your timers and add one to reboot daily at a set time

• In Blackhole you need to set a daily reboot as a cron job, blue button twice from memory, should see a option there for cron jobs/timers...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks. The cron options are:

• Reboot
    • Restart E2
    • Restart Emu.

Will each of those options solve my problem?

If I'm in the middle of recording a programme will one of those options still record while rebooting without missing any of the programme?

• In Blackhole you need to set a daily reboot as a cron job, blue button twice from memory, should see a option there for cron jobs/timers...

If I switch the box off via the switch on the back then switch it back on - does that do the same thing as a reboot with a cron job? If so, I'm getting a bit worried now about the reliability of Blackhole because I switched my box off then on again via the back switch at the start of today then later on today at 6PM all the Sly premium channels were blank again yet the free channels still displayed fine.

Is one reboot per day not enough?

• If I switch the box off via the switch on the back then switch it back on - does that do the same thing as a reboot with a cron job? If so, I'm getting a bit worried now about the reliability of Blackhole because I switched my box off then on again via the back switch at the start of today then later on today at 6PM all the Sly premium channels were blank again yet the free channels still displayed fine.

Is one reboot per day not enough?

Why would putting my Sly card in my Sly box cause me issues on my VU+ Duo 2? Does anybody have a solution to prevent losing a picture?

• if you put your card in original box

your card will get paired to box & HD & premium will be gone in third party box

That doesn't make sense because I've already paired my card with my Sly Thompson Component box which is what you're supposed to do in order to get a picture on the VU+ box. So why would putting the card in the Thompson box that it's already paired with, cause me to lose a picture?

I'm using Blackhole 2.0.8 on my VU+ Duo2. I installed "Oscam rev 8639 + CCcam 2.1.3" using the LinuxsatSupportAddons plugin.

• I tried to install the latest oscam version (Oscam 9185 - CCcam 2.1.3) using the LinuxsatSupportAddons plugin but on the download page it said failed to download. In the meantime I installed "Oscam rev 8784 - CCCam 2.1.3 Omnikey" and that installed fine.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!