humax foxsat-hdr - can you use the ethernet for cardsharing sly with cccam or similar

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,282 times. The last Post () by dream500.

• I've got a humax foxsat-hdr for freesatHD,

Was wondering if it is possible to patch or setup somehow for cardsharing Sly?

Thanks,

ins1337

• if its a 320GB HD box, best thing to do is flog it for £150 and buy something that will allow you to cardshare / use other locals!

I bought one of these briefly when transitioning from Sly to Linux!

• would it be possible to write a linux based software version for the humax which would include all the desired features ? is there technicaly a reason why not ? i assume it would be a very experianced and dedicated person or team if it were possible ! there are literally millions of those units out there cos they were sold everywhere from argos to tesco ! £££ expensive though £££ :06:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

would it be possible to write a linux based software version for the humax which would include all the desired features ? is there technicaly a reason why not ? i assume it would be a very experianced and dedicated person or team if it were possible ! there are literally millions of those units out there cos they were sold everywhere from argos to tesco ! £££ expensive though £££ :06:

There is no doubt it would be possible to create a hacked version of the software, but who has the knowledge & time to do it i do not know.

• would it be possible to write a linux based software version for the humax which would include all the desired features ? is there technicaly a reason why not ? i assume it would be a very experianced and dedicated person or team if it were possible ! there are literally millions of those units out there cos they were sold everywhere from argos to tesco ! £££ expensive though £££ :06:

No, the Humax, etc, is a pure satellite receiver. The Dreams, Vu+ and the rest are basically mini computers running Linux operating system which are, more or less, married with a sat receiver to make a powerful tool to use to watch sat tv.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• You're right 10, I forgot about the sssr, my bad....

I'm sure it would have been done by now if it were possible, there's enough of them about.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!