lost/missing fta channels

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,390 times. The last Post () by bazonix.

• hi, im running my vu+ with motorised set up on 13.0e, 19.2e and 28.2e, it all worked well until now

my channels on 28.2 are generally ok, but iv only just reconnected everything and im missing virtually everything on 13 and 19.2.. can anybody help me reinstate these channels... i have then all listed but only the bbc ones seem to work, the snr is less than 6/7% on everything and the tuner 'a' is greyed out (vti image)...eg id like to watch the boxing on rtl austria on 19.2,

i found: RTL AUSTRIA DIGITAL - 12.226 HORIZONTAL - SYMBOL RATE 27.500 - FEC 3/4

when i view the actual channel, nothing appears.. i went into manual scan and input the above and it came back with nothing?! 0 services found... iv double checked the frequencies on king of sat, still cant get any channels to work?

thanx

• anybody please :-) ?

is there something i should be doing with the existing channel lists? when i switch to full auto scan, it says arabsat on the transponder?!! not one im familiar with.. i thought it would scan astra/hotbird only... so i stopped the scan after a few mins...:confuse:

• how would i check that please? i used dishpointer.com to set the usals up.. it all seemed ok, well 28.2 is virtually ok, the other 2 are just bare.. all the channels are there but no sound/picture...

• Official Post

I`ve attached todays satellites.xml file for 13, 19 and 28.2E. Extract and FTP to /etc/tuxbox/ and reboot the Vu+. Now try a rescan and hopefully the missing channels will be found again. You can also try uploading an Enigma2 channel list and edit it just for the sats you need. Let us know how you get on buddy..

• thanx very much master G.. i had downloaded the new .xml today also, although im only just getting to grips with all this linux stuff... im going to use dcc and dbe, im reading and reading and its driving me crazy lol! theory seems a lot easier than practical...

ill do as suggested, the rescan should be a full auto scan? (like setting up the box new again?) after i ftp the .xml file over? hard being at work 14hrs a day to get home to this... ill try it thanx again!

• morning.. ok update:

i downloaded .xml (sats) and extracted via rar and saved it as is, so when both boxes on dcc open there were 2 arrows in the middle pointing either way... so i opened /etc and tubox.. then saw the same file in the vu+ so i clicked on the new one in the pc window and pressed the arrow left.. asked if i wanted to replace existing file so i pressed yes.

all seemed ok, thought i had the new sat list...

problems.. now...

prior to doing that i went into vti panel and set up epg.. that was it... i basically set up to download at 5.45 and sources to uk xmltv

before testing epg, i then did the sat.xml thing above and when it seemed to all be ok, i terminated the ftp session..

i then switched the vu+ off from the rear.. big mistake i think.. as i reckon to reload, i should have just pressed off on remote, hence upon switching on from rear and reload, it was stuck on the 'loading defaults' for ages

then it said 2497 epg something found and gave me a yes/no option so i said yes and it repeated the whole thing and then locked in the start up screen... i was able to press menu on remote and go into settings where i tried to restore the image i had backed up... no luck.. it was not restoring!

so at the minute screen is stuck in start up mode vti splash image says 'loading defaults'... no tv, nothing.. sats are there, transponders etc.. all stored, dunno about channels etc... i can press menu on remote and enter vu+ settings etc and vti panel.. but restore not working, i did back image up though...

i just left it on auto search and went to bed.. got up at 7 and it was still searching 190ish channels found on a sat i dont 26e?! lol! not one i have..

so can anybody kindly help me to restore the box now please? if i was to now upgrade the image, would i lose all my satellite settings? not something id like to lose, but i read that if i did a factory reset it would be just that?!!

thanx in advance guys.. ;-)

• Official Post

Reflash is needed if you cant access the menus, but as you can then factory reset will work the same as reflashing the image, you will lose all your settings so backup you cam configs before you try it. With all the trouble you`ve been having it would probably be a good idea to start over again. I would upload an Enigma2 channel list, it will take seconds compared to all the time it takes scanning. Once you try it you wont bother scanning again. If usuals still isnt working for you then try manually finding the satellites. Use the strongest transponders to find those satellites so you get the best signal.
    28.2E-10773H 22000 BBC-1.
    19.2E-11597V 22000 BBC World.
    13E-11642H 27500 Bloomberg Europe.
    Keep us updated with how you get on buddy..

• hi iv just flashed the bh1.6.2 and it all works ok..

problem is i cannot log into the box via dcc now, i never set a password before just left blank, now it wont let me log in... iv read that we need to set a password to ftp but i didnt before? downloaded flash wizard pro but again, that wont let me log in either... '530 error login'

any ideas please? cheers..

• i managed to log in by resetting password in tspanel and then i changed the password via telnet using passwd command.. im in!

but, when viewing the cccam.cfg, there were about 40 lines, a lot of them never had a 'hash' in front of them so im assuming they were active.. on notepad i saved the old active one installed and pressed the arrow left (from pc to box), it replaced the old .cfg file with just one line (the one i had before) is this ok? or do i need to reflash the box again now? as iv lost all the .cfg lines?!! thanx

• Official Post

i managed to log in by resetting password in tspanel and then i changed the password via telnet using passwd command.. im in!

but, when viewing the cccam.cfg, there were about 40 lines, a lot of them never had a 'hash' in front of them so im assuming they were active.. on notepad i saved the old active one installed and pressed the arrow left (from pc to box), it replaced the old .cfg file with just one line (the one i had before) is this ok? or do i need to reflash the box again now? as iv lost all the .cfg lines?!! thanx

No need to reflash as there is no problem with the box, did you backup your cccam.cfg before flashing?
    If yes just ftp it in to your box, if not its a hard lesson learnt for you i guess & you will need to contact each of your peers.

• yes, i did a back up (there was only one line in the original vti image) and saved to notpad.. what i meant was when i viewed the .cfg file once in, there were 40 lines of various nature... i just transferred the .cfg file from my pc to the box and it replaced all the 40 lines... i now have just one line (the one i need) my concern is what were those other lines? and can i now just add as many peers as i want leaving them all active? thanx..

• the original 40 odd lines were from the vanilla 1.6.2 image im guessing as i only flashed the box and once viewing the files via dcc, they were there. now they gone.. my channels are working though, except bbc 1 hd, i guess i need to update the .xml and channel bouquets now, 28.2 ok but 13 and 19.2 cant get many channels at all, a satellite icon is flashing and then the screen goes blank...

• update: installed the .xml file and did an auto scan.. 0 channels on 13, 12 on 19 and tons on 28.2! iv tried to do a manual scan using the transponder info given by master g for 13e.. i input all details and did a scan but 0 services/channels found?!

in the blackhole image, set up, satfinder..

13.0: 11836, auto, 27500, horizontal, auto fec.. snr 55 agc 71
    19.2: 11836, auto, 27500, horizontal, auto fec.. snr 55 agc 71
    28.2: same as above..

so im unsure why i have no channels on 13 and only 12 found on 19...as the box can detect the 3 sats.. one thing is my lat and lon values are different to dishpointer, but these 'non-standard' settings were input by the intsaller when the box/sat was originally installed, so im unsure whether or not to change these to the ideal values?!

other issue is dbe, i can connect to box, ftp and receive files, but nothing actually displays in the dbe window? so nothing to edit.. the log does confirm successful reception and transmission... so i cant manipulate any bouquets..

• update: finally got it sorted! the twin tuner cables were the wrong way round lol! cant believe it was something so simple lol! ;-)

all my fta channels are present now and i also have a fixed dish so i can record 28 and watch the other sats at the same time. kept the usals in place and snr is well above 65/70 now..

dbe also sorted as i was using older version. cheers!

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!