VLC Transcoding problem from my solo2

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,157 times. The last Post () by paddyh.

• Hey all, I'm trying to transcode from my solo2 using webif and vlc on a connection outside my home network but every time I try and connect I get this message in vlc...

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://xxxxxx.dyndns.org:8xxx/1:0:1:2848:7FE:2:11A0000:0:0:0:'. Check the log for details

I've changed my webif port number from the standard 80 and forwarded in my router settings to my solo2 IP.

I've changed my transcoding port number from the standard 8002 and forwarded on my router to my solo2 IP.

this has me completely scratching my head... can anybody help?

Cheers

• has anybody out there figured this out as I too am having the same problem, its not just from outside my network but also same error on LAN. I occasionally watch tv on my mobile when im away from home, the problem is i was doing it on the default ports and somebody else out there was watching my tv too!! so i closed the default ports and changed the transcoding port and opened it, i can stream no problems using the timote app on my mobile but for some reason it doesnt work on my laptop using openwebif and vlc. it seems very strange but maybe im missing something obvious?? and to make matters worse and more strange it doesnt work on my android tv box using timote app! works perfect on my mobile but not on the android box! same app and all same settings... strange!! would be great if someone shed some light on the situation as its doing my head in!!! im transcoding from a vu + duo2 running vix, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok if nobody else has had the same problem, how do yous go about streaming from outside your home network without somebody loging into your reciever and watching tv?? there probably selling the stream info and making money of it.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!