first debian server setup

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,086 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Hi Guys, new to sat scene but learning really fast. I have just followed ten belows excellent debian server setup with cccam http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-auto-install-script.html I have a few questions. It has installed fine and if I put the ipand 16001 in the addy bar of web browser it shows cccam 2.1.4 so all looks good. How do I get it to 2.2.1.

Do I just copy the new cccam.x86 from 2.2.1 to the emu\cccam folder and overwrite the existing one or is there more to it?

Also on the tut at the end it says "Once this is finished, You can use a FTP client to upload you're CCcam config to the server and reboot it.

After the first reboot, the server will put the config in the right place and start CCcam".

Where do I ftp it to?? I tried using an existing config file from my dm800 is this OK?? I also tried ftping it to the tmp dir but after reboot there was nothing in var/etc dir . Also tried ftping to var/etc but it wouldn't let me.

Almost there so any help would be appreciated guys. After this it is the pheonix usb challenge LOL

• Official Post

Hi Steve,
    Follow this if you want to use cccam version 2.2.x

How to update debian/ ubuntu to cccam 2.20

Once done ftp your config to var/ect , the one from your 800 is fine, reboot and you should be up & running.
    Also read this for the correct way to edit your cfg, its different to how you do it on a dreambox.

For Beginners - How To Add Lines To Linux Server Using CS Studio

• Thanks ten below. I really appreciate your tuts. I got my config file ftpd to var etc eventually had to sort out permissions. Am in the throes of the pheonix card reader tut now. Have had one attempt using another great tut by master G but had some network issues and gave up. Fresh mind this morning so try number two. Great forum and top tuts really helps newbies like me. Oh and thanks for the tip on cs studio. will look at that now. I just used the editor in debian.

PS one quickie at the end of your tut it says logon to server with username root. I tried that and it wouldn't authenticate my credentials? I set up a root password which is the same as my user password during install. I could never sign on as root. The only way I could get to root was using the superuser terminal after signing in as myself. Is that still ok or did I do summat wrong. Am redoing the whole process today as practice makes perfect. Again cheers

• Hi again Ten Below. I am following your tut for editing config file and you say that I should copy the file into the Home/CCcam folder? I dont have one of those. My CCcam folder is in Emu/CCcam do I just ensure it goes into the CCcam folder or have I fooked up somewhere. All seemed to insyall ok today. I sorted out the root signon. Apparantly if you have a GUI interface u cant sign on with root. Did the CCcam 2.2.1 update no probs as well just need to sort out the config file and pheonix before testing. Cheers

• config gile usually goes to home/cccam if you followed the tut . Then when you run the configupdate script it will take the config from home/cccam and put to var/etc. Even with gui on debian you should be able to remotely sign in as root user via putty as long as you have ssh installed etc

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• config gile usually goes to home/cccam if you followed the tut . Then when you run the configupdate script it will take the config from home/cccam and put to var/etc. Even with gui on debian you should be able to remotely sign in as root user via putty as long as you have ssh installed etc

new2

Thanks newtolinux but as I stated I dont have a cccam folder in my home folder the only cccam folder I have is in emu folder. Do I just copy that to my home folder?
    This is my first go at setting up a linux server and followed ten belows excellent tut. it all wemt fine and I also did the cam update which also went fine. So am a bit confused as to why I dont have a cccam folder in my home folder. again cheers

• cheers ten below it worked a treat. I have just finnished setting my pheonix card reader up using the great tut by master g. All seems good I have this in my config now
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyS0
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyS0 3570000
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyS0
    BOXKEY : /dev/ttyS0 15 B6 xx xx
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : 153xx

I need to check I have the right ttys0 port. I know there is a command to list the ports as I ran it the other day but I cant find it now. I have run a lshw and it sees the pheonix ok but it doesnt give me the tty0/1 etc info any1 know it pls. cheers

• hi ten below thankks for update I have already run that one. the one I ran b4 actually showed the tty0 tty1 etc. I will perservere and try and find it. I came across it when I wasresearching my usb to serial cable hl340. If I find it I will post it the lsusb shows this...

root@steve67474:~# lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1ea7:0002
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 104f:0001 WB Electronics Infinity Phoenix
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

can I relate this to the SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyS0 3570000

• use the command : - dmesg

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• ok guys,
    tested my server yesterday and nowt:hell_boy: It set up all ok as per tuts both for server then cccam update then infinity usb connection. I updated the config file as per infinity setup instructions. Not sure how to see what serial port I am on Com 1 com2 etc so I can confirm my config is correct. Is there any test other than putting a card in the reader to make sure I have set it all up OK?

I change the Cline on my dreambox to point to the server IP addy.
    The dreambox I was using that had the card in it was the box I used for the server cccam config file so all flines should be ok in that (i think)

Any ideas guys? cheers

• hi Ten Below, thanks for response I have figured out how to see which tty port I am on its in the dmesg you showed me. I am deefo on ttyusb0 so my infinity config is correct.

I did what you said last night so I have in my server cfg file this...

F: dreambox2 loft

and on my dreambox I have this.....

C: 192.168.0.xx 153xx dreambox2 loft ..... xxbeing the ip addy of my server

• Official Post

How do I do that mate is there a command I can run? sorry to be dumb still grasping linux

Dont worry mate its not a dumb question at all we all started off at the same point, what i mean is when you view your server details using cccam info or cs studio does the card show with entitlements under the local card tab?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!