first debian server setup

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,087 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• I would say without a doubt that it is to do with the ocnversion going on with the cable and linux not containing the relevant supporting drivers

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• have you tried reader in oscam or just cccam so far

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Thanks newtolinux that being the case then a smargo it is unless any1 knows of a working usb2serial converter as it probably will be the cheaper option. Has to deffo work tho otherwise good money after bad. Can I say a big thanks to all that has helped on my problem support here is great plus thaks for your patience.

• it is possible on a dm800 with certain image and certain convertor chipset . See below copy and pasted with thanks to me1960 on other board.

how to :

1. Buy a USB - RS232 cable adapter with chipset PL-2303.

2. Connect the infinity USB to your windows computer. Launch the infinity program. In Options, tell your inifinity card reader to start in phoenix mode. Plug out your infinity USB. Now when you plug back the power on the led turns red (not green).

3. Take your brand new cable and connect the RS232 to your inifinity and at the other side, the USB to your dreambox. Use the second USB cable of the inifinity to bring it the 5 V power. Yes, the cardreader will use both of the 2 usb ports of the DM800 ...

4. If you use gemini, go in kernel options (2X blue button and choose kernel) and activate the PL-2303 driver for external USB cardreader.

5. Edit your cccam config with these lines :
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 phoenix
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 3570000 (or more if you know what you're doing)
    CAMKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    CAMDATA: /dev/ttyUSB0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

I'm not sure all these lines are usefull but I found it was working with that

6. Start a telnet session and write : mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
    Everything should work now... Until your next boot.

7. To make it work each time you reboot, edit /usr/script/CCcam_2.0.11_cam.sh with a linux compatible editor like DCC.
    Add the previsous line ; there for example :
    # end
    mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

if possible on a dm800 then must be possible in all linux disto's. But the usb 2 serial convertor chipset is the key !!!!!!!!!!!!

new2

• Official Post

Thanks newtolinux that being the case then a smargo it is unless any1 knows of a working usb2serial converter as it probably will be the cheaper option. Has to deffo work tho otherwise good money after bad. Can I say a big thanks to all that has helped on my problem support here is great plus thaks for your patience.

From my own experience omnikey readers run very nicely with your card, cheaper option than a smargo.

• Hi guys,

Ok an update. I would say that my cable is the issue now as I remember I had issues with it on windows when I was active on the Cable TV front. It was recommended a PL 2303 was needed for it to work. I thought I would have more luck on the linux front. I have bitten the bullet and gone for a smargo reader off fleabay as it was a good deal. would have used sponsor store if price was comparable but ££ saving and all the research I did says this is a genuine one.

LATEST MODEL - 'Smargo' SmartReader+ external USB cardreader
    Genuine Maxdigital Argolis.com product, beware of cheap Chinese copies,

whilst awaiting delivery I will read up the tuts for installing smargo. Hopefully perserverence and a little help from you kind guys will get me there

• Just an Update Guys, BIG thanks to thecableguy who helped me hugely on MSN I would not have the patience he has thats for sure. I tried ubuntu and got nowhere with that so I reloaded Debian and put my newly arrived smargo in and hey presto can see the reader and the card. Just need to config the cccam cfg file now to put my dreamboxes in and all should be up and running. The cableguy recommended I go to oscam. I am trying to get my head around oscam. Do I need oscam on the dreamboxes and is it just like cccam? I believe you just need N lines? I understand cccam with c and f lines is oscam much different? Any tut around for it. Again big thanks to all that helped me get my first server off the ground Whooopeee:47_002:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!