Problem Mounting network hdd

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,385 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• I have a 2tb usb hdd plugged into my belkin router .

every laptop and pc in the house can access the hdd with the belkin software provided

The trouble is I cant install the software on my solo to see the hdd.

when I select network browser on the solo it finds MSBROWSE but wont expand is there anyother way I can mount this drive ?

• It's been a long time since I use the openpli image to be honest buddy... any options in mount manager to be able to mount a network drive? can you check if there is a option to start samba?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• The official explanation of it from their website is this:

Samba is software that can be run on a platform other than Microsoft Windows, for example, UNIX, Linux, IBM System 390, OpenVMS, and other operating systems. Samba uses the TCP/IP protocol that is installed on the host server. When correctly configured, it allows that host to interact with a Microsoft Windows client or server as if it is a Windows file and print server.

Some images require you to have it running for you to be able to see your box/network drives etc on the home network

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Found this:

thanks to Xarqi

• I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have been struggling with this using BH 2.0.8.1. I have mounted my router HDD (which calls itself volume(sda1)) and named it "Router" locally - defined as CIFS (also tried NFS) with no user name or password (the router is not password protected). MountManager gives me a big green tick to say it is mounted but I fail to find it with any tool to play the media on it, or to copy files between it and my HDD. What am I missing?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!