cardsharing and update BH image

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 536 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I am still very new to the sat world and my question might be very silly but i would like to ask if i update a Vu+ Solo box with the new BH image, will the card sharing setttings installed by the provider be lost?

I never did an update on the box and dont really know if i should.

• Any installed data you have installed presently on your current image will all be lost if you update the image, if your using Blackhole presently it would be advisable to do not only a Personal backup which will save your data but also a full backup as well just in case things go wrong

• if you have ccam file config save that in your pc as a back up then you can update your new image

Do the following:-

How to upgrade the BH image via USB
    1-Save the image on the PC (USB version)
    2-Unzip files
    3-Format USB flash drive with the file system FAT,or FAT32
    4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/duo
    5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/vuplus/duo
    6-Power off VU+ STB
    7-Remove all USB devices from the box
    8-Plug-in the USB Stick into Vu+ Box
    9-Turn on the VU+ STB
    10-Firmware Update will start automatically
    11-Wait for the VFD to display "Finished ... please reboot"
    12-Unplug the USB Stick from the box
    13 Power off the VU+ STB , and restart it again
    14-Wait for Image to Reboot

Then follow instruction on the TV screen!
    Have Fun w/BHImages

"Vengeance is mine;I will repay,saith the lord"

Edited once, last by rider ().

• Thank you all for your help. By provider i meant the guy who installed and set up my Vu Solo. All i provided was an internet connection and he took care of the rest.

Finally, how do i backup my ccam file config as suggested?

• Official Post

Thank you all for your help. By provider i meant the guy who installed and set up my Vu Solo. All i provided was an internet connection and he took care of the rest.

Finally, how do i backup my ccam file config as suggested?

Use an FTP tool like Filezilla or Dreambox Control Center to access the receiver.. Backup the CCcam.cfg file which can be found in folder /etc/..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!