Blank HDMI screen vu solo 1 ( not a clone 100% )

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,358 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• Hi all

Ok i have a vu solo 1 that has the above issue, have tried a number of images and updated boot loader with no joy.

The boot loader and flash process like fine based on normal flash process for a solo, and i know the usb is good as i have used it on my second duo which has been flash my times.

I have tried the latest vix and black hole images and also tried some older images.

Have also tried the av output to rule out a HDMI port issue.

It only remains to try the r232 port but was wondering if anyone else have had the same issues & results?

Thanks

Regards Lee

• hi no , but do you get green lite in the vu ,can you acces with ftp?

• can you try only scart leed euroconector and umplug hdmi then reboot vu by electric cable

• strange ,can u dowload original image fo vu solo if is ok then put another image

• Communicating with a receiver via the null modem cable route is usually only used for correcting bootloader issues/bad flash or clone problems for 1 reason or another...So this could well be a hardware problem within the units motherboard.

When you reflash the box and connect it via scart the box will automatically assume a hdmi connection is being used and it can take upward of 30 seconds before the box will revert to composite settings so be patient incase there is something wrong with your hdmi output/input or the hdmi lead itself.

To find your box ip to test telnet use dcc and search/// or look in your router for attached devices.

Good Luck!

MK

• but of an update, cant find the solo via router so box cant be booting correctly.

Have tried flashing the box via R232 but keep getting flash error 21, have tired a number of images with no joy

Regards Lee

• Yes have tired zip and nfi images but get same error msg -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18rv…2014-03-10%2017.24.28.png

Have you tried component out?

Also even although this pen works on your duo i would maybe try another pen or reformat it to fat32 with hp formatting tool.

And make sure you are installing the correct bootloader for your vu solo..i have attached that so install that first and then try a reflash.

From vu main website

To avoid large size(>48M) image update problem, please update CFE of your Solo.

** NOTE ** : This Bootloader(CFE) should be used for Solo only. Otherwise it will crash the box.

** NOTE ** : CFE update is not needed for Uno and Ultimo.

** Brief explanation of Solo's bootloader update **

1. Unzip the solo_cfe_2.0_usb.zip to USB stick.(There should be /vuplus/solo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin)

2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of solo and power on the box.

3. It takes just a few secs to update.

4. If solo's front led blinks continuously, restart box.

5. To proceed with image update, you should delete the cfe_cfe_auto.bin at /vuplus/solo in USB stick once bootloader update is finished.

MK

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!