enigma 2 can not find kernel file

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,038 times. The last Post () by gerinemo.

• Trying to install enigma 2 via spark enigma 2 upgrade plugin.But when i press red button for enigma 2 update a message pops up saying can not find kernel file upgrade failed.Any help much appreciated

• put e2jffs2 + uImage in enigma2 folder on root of usb stick put in back usb slot

restart holding ok button
    press down till u see enig
    release ok
    once you see boot
    restart holding ok button
    once you see forc press right
    till u see fact hit ok

you should see on front display U ld....if you dont something is wrong

let this run through till box automatically reboots should take around 10-12

• Trying to install enigma 2 via spark enigma 2 upgrade plugin.But when i press red button for enigma 2 update a message pops up saying can not find kernel file upgrade failed.Any help much appreciated

If the plugin isn't seeing the kernel you have the plugin looking in root for the files, change the path to inside the enigma2 folder and select by pressing red, then press red to upgrade

• From reading other posts and forums I think 7 70 means it cant see the files on the stick
    From another forum

On the USB stick you should only have a single folder called 'enigma2' [which contains the following two files uImage & e2jffs2],
    the error your getting is due to the fact that there are no enigma2 files found.

Also make sure the USB stick is formatted in FAT32. also have you a different USB stick you could try

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!