How to DELETE channels in Enigma2

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,096 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hello,

Today I have discovered a STRANGE behavior by my Xtrend ET6500 running OpenVix 3.0.808 (last image)

I simply CAN'T DELETE unwanted channels from the Satellite folder.

I have tried DreamboEdit, and DreamSet as well. Everytime I edit the channels, and send back the edited file to the box, it doesn't work :P I always find those 'damned' Adult channels stuck in the list of channels in the Satellite folder.

Please, if anyone has before encountered such issue and found a solution for it, let me know.

I seriously need to remove unwanted channels as soon as possible, our TV is watched by everyone at home.

Thank you always ! :)

• normaly with remote control when you have chanels liste press menu and you have alls the options favorite delette..ect

with dreambox edit firts delettes alls chanels you wants then save in your pc then resend to your box .

• My OpenVix 3.0.808 Image doesn't give 'Delete option' on services list ...

I've checked the AutoBouquetMaker , and found a list of Providers, all set to 'No' .... so this option is disabled.

Check this out :
    When I turn on the XTREND ET6500 for first time, and READ the list using DreamSet, Adult channels that I have DELETED earlier shows up as NEW services,
    ... OK!
    I DELETE THEM always using DreamSet, and send the edited channel list to the box !
    Once done, I read again the box using DreamSet, and I found NO adult channels ! OKAY , cool !

HOWEVER ! when i go see the TV and take the remote control and check the channels list ! I FOUND those damned channels ! in the satellite channel list, and in the New channels list !
    SO , Why DreamSet says there is NO Adult channels, ... and when i go see the receiver, I FOUND THEM ? :O

PS: when I completely turn off the receiver, and turn it on again, .. > SAME STORY.

Edited once, last by cazuela: colour blinding view ().

• I have just installed latest OpenPLI image , and it has the same issue in channels list, it doesn't give an option to delete channels using remote control by pressing Menu, ....
    Now I'm flashing backing up my OpenVIX Image.

Guys ? any suggestion solution ?
    Any one using an XTREND receiver ?
    Thank you!

• openpli-openvix ... same same but different.......
    it sounds like the list was built into the image..
    >Why dont you ( FTP ) go into etc/enigma2 and delete the bouquet/folder(s) you dont want manually.
    Then restart box and see what happens next..

• Official Post

I have just installed latest OpenPLI image , and it has the same issue in channels list, it doesn't give an option to delete channels using remote control by pressing Menu, ....
    Now I'm flashing backing up my OpenVIX Image.

Guys ? any suggestion solution ?
    Any one using an XTREND receiver ?
    Thank you!

Press up/down then scroll to the channel you want to remove and press menu then remove entry, to stop it reappearing turn off background scanning in the customize menu.

• Press up/down then scroll to the channel you want to remove and press menu then remove entry, to stop it reappearing turn off background scanning in the customize menu.

Sorry but Neither OpenVix nor OpenPli images give a Menu option to DELETE channels in the satellite folder.

Also, Background scanning is disabled on my box.

• openpli-openvix ... same same but different.......
    it sounds like the list was built into the image..
    >Why dont you ( FTP ) go into etc/enigma2 and delete the bouquet/folder(s) you dont want manually.
    Then restart box and see what happens next..

Normally, I should see results of my edits when I hit the button 'Write' on DreamSet.

HERE IS A THING FOR YOU, before I decided to try OpenPli ... I backed up my OpenVix image. And when I restored my OpenVix Image, I found that the adult channels were DELETED , DOESNT EXIST ..... :O Finally!
    And today, after refining my dish, I lunched a SCAN of Astra 28°E, adults channels came back (Normal), but when I deleted them using DreamSet and resent to the box ..... again SAME STORY.

>>> I believe it has something to do with Administrative rights or so .... like if Enigma2, doesn't allow me to edit its files :S
    Because when I reboot the box, DreamSet reads the previously deleted channels as NEW channels.

For now, the only STRANGE solution i have is : to Delete unwanted channels using DreamSet >> Make a backup of the box >> and restore the backup by flashing it.
    ABSOLUTELY STRANGE as a solution (Which worked to me)

I'm asking myself : what made channels to be edited only when i backup then restore backup, and NOT instantly after using DreamSet ??

• Official Post

Sorry but Neither OpenVix nor OpenPli images give a Menu option to DELETE channels in the satellite folder.

Also, Background scanning is disabled on my box.

Screensots here are from openpli, maybe they will help you find it because the option is there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22619@@@WCF_LITERAL_AMP@@@stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=22620@@@WCF_LITERAL_AMP@@@stc=1
    linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/22619/

linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/22620/

• Ten Below Thanks for the pictures, as I can clearly see, there is a 'Marker' called Entertainment, which means > you're on Bouquets mode.
    What I needed to have (Not anymore now i guess ^^) is to have 'Delete Entry' when I'm on the official satellite folder, otherwise, when you press green button and you go inside one of your satellites.
    But anyway, finally things works for me ! after applying the DreamSet settings in screenshot above...
    BTW, Is there a way to watch stream on PC using vlc ?
    Thanks for you time all of you guys !!!:14_002:

• Official Post

FINALLY It's working, ONLY WHEN I USED THESE SETTINGs ON DREAMSET:

Nope m8 the instructions i gave you work on all E2 images, glad you found a solution to your problem anyway.

P.S Please dont set your text colour in posts to white, it is unreadable on the light style.

• Nope m8 the instructions i gave you work on all E2 images, glad you found a solution to your problem anyway.

P.S Please dont set your text colour in posts to white, it is unreadable on the light style.

Next time I'll use only grey color.
    Also, I'll take some shots of my receiver so you can see what I see when pressing menu button!

• Isn't that just removing the service from a bouquet? I think many, including me, would like to know how to remove all those unwanted channels from the channel list.

• Try dreamboxedit to alter your channels/bouquets etc.
    I find it a very handy tool for editing / removing all unwanted channels.
    It can be found here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=28&page=3
    A youtube tutorial can be found here (in german with english subs):

As far as i'm aware, dreamset can do the same thing.
    It can be found here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=171&page=2

• I've always used dreambox edit on every E2 and E1 box i have ever had.

Its never let me down once :haha:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!