probs with oscam compile

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,258 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi guys am trying to follow Newtolynux idiots guide for compiling oscam. All woz going well till I got to this step...

root@steve67474:/usr/src# svn co oscam - Revision 5352: /trunk oscam
    svn: invalid option:
    Type 'svn help' for usage.
    root@steve67474:/usr/src#

I got an invalid option back. Am cutting and pasting so no typos. running debian 6 server. Any help appreciated

• hi buddy ,

you need to copy and paste the svn line but make sure you are pasting in the complete link for current oscam and not just the shortcut as displayed on the site.

try this

svn co http://streamboard.gmc.to/svn/oscam/trunk oscam

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• no probs buddy , if you stuck again post back on here all day 2day as wet and windy outside

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• you have to create the files yourselve buddy . you need oscam.conf , oscam.user , oscam.server

just use an editor like wordpad and create the files then ftp them over to your server

new2

• once you get used to oscam it is far superior to cccam . A lot more playing can be done with configs aswell for the true hobbyist. don't know what card you are using but i think most run ok with it .

new2

• There is example of the files in the Distrubution folder in the build_dir u made at the beginning.
    I'd recommend using them and changing to what you require if possible.

Sorry to interrupt New2.

By useig the examples you can control more from the beginning and it also helps to keep down panics when trying to start oscam.

• OK I have copied three files over that I found for Sly card on here and put em in the usr/local/etc. I used these files...http://linuxsat-support.com/os…pdating-entitlements.html I think these are the files that go on a dreambox when you run oscam on that?? I am getting a bit confused as to what I need on my server and what I need on the dreambox. My view is (I think) I need oscam running on my server and my cccam2.2.1 confi on my dreambox only needs an N line with the details is. Is that correct. If so I must be nearly there. I have run the install on my server. (this thread) how do I start oscam as I followed the tut to compile it and it has all gone ok. How do I see it like I can on the web if with 2.2.1 cccam

Sorry to sound dumb but am floundering a bit to join up the bits

• You have understood correctly . oscam to server and cccam to the dream . If you open an internet explorer window and type http://192.x.x.x ( whatever ip of dream is ) :16001 . That should take you to the cccam default info port so long as youve not changed for another one.

new2

• Hi again New,
    At the moment my dreambox is the server and it has 2 clients attached to it via cccam. All that is fine I can see that on the 16001 i/f. I have set up a server with debian and want to move to that. I have successfullt installed a smargo on the server and it sees the card and can clear one of my dreamboxes using cccam.

I have loaded oscam on the server using above process and added three files to it. I know I have to set up the files with my info but I am a bit stuck as to how I start oscam on my server. Or it maybe running but how do I tell. All mI have done so far is compile it using your gr8 tut and created the three files. I will get to grips with the config once I can see it running. Hope this makes sense New. Cheers.

• login as root user to your server

issue command top ....... then look for oscam in the running processes ........ if it not there naviage to /usr/local/bin and issue command ./oscam -b

regards

new2

• did that but no oscam running?? seemed it install all ok this is wots running after the ./oscam -b command...

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
    1214 root 20 0 56312 16m 6380 S 2 0.9 0:29.29 Xorg
    2033 steve 20 0 119m 24m 19m S 1 1.4 0:12.72 nautilus
    2024 steve 20 0 87720 17m 13m S 1 1.0 0:09.50 gnome-panel
    486 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.24 flush-8:0
    8704 root 20 0 2548 1236 940 R 0 0.1 0:00.39 top
    1 root 20 0 2112 720 628 S 0 0.0 0:01.72 init
    2 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 kthreadd
    3 root RT 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.01 migration/0
    4 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.01 ksoftirqd/0
    5 root RT 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 watchdog/0
    6 root RT 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 migration/1
    7 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.01 ksoftirqd/1
    8 root RT 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 watchdog/1
    9 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.57 events/0
    10 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.50 events/1
    11 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 cpuset
    12 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:00.00 khelper

• ok mate which guide did you follow for oscam installation again

new2

• have you placed your config files in usr/local/etc

new2

• Hi again New. Could you have a look at my comments on the oscam files I have put in what I think I need to change for it to work. Obviously I need to
    create accounts for each dmbox but have I got it correct cheers and now that I have oscam on my server can I remove cccam or is it not neccesary to do that?? Again thanks for the help.

oscam.user

Code:
    [account]
    user = test1......................................................change this to what I want
    description = for local mgcamd or DVBAPI
    pwd = test2.........................................................change this to what I want
    disabled = 0
    uniq = 1
    group = 1
    au = lower card................................................using smargo does this need to change?
    caid = 0963:000000

oscam.server

Code:
    [reader]
    label = lower card.......................................................Can I just write smargo here
    enable = 1
    protocol = internal.......................................................change to mouse
    device = /dev/sci0......................................................change to /dev/ttyUSB0
    caid = 0963:000000
    # 0963 is *** UK.
    boxid = ********...........................................................add this no spaces
    # Oscam can read a *** card i.d, but you can also put this
    # in manually
    detect = cd
    cardmhz = 357
    # this helps the card run more smootly
    group = 1
    # Oscam has the concept of groups. Only users in group 1 can
    # use this reader. I'm only using one group.
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    ecmcache = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    # these ensure smooth decrypting
    lb_weight = 101
    # for load balancing - can be commented out.

oscam.conf

Code:
    [global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    logfile = stdout
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888............................................................do I need to change this
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
    # protocols

[newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0963:000000

• your oscam.server is all wrong buddy . I thought you were running a linux server with a smargo reader?

new2

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!