FW Upgrades

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 603 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dr hd d15 receiver and I noticed that fw upgrades on their official site are dated back to last year. I have only the intention of using this stb for true fta and no card share or iks; the fw upgrades found here are for a true dxer I'm assuming? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

3m Channel Master-2.4m Fortec-1.2m Fortec-azbox premium+/ultra-technomate 5302-x2 premium.

• The unofficial updates you see here and else where are largely fixes for various encryptions or keys etc, There pretty much useless for your intended region ( north america ) unless stated otherwise in the changelog.

That said there is nothing stopping you from using them.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Edited once, last by pheonix ().

• Thanks for the reply. There are parts of the fw upgrades that do address the dx part to this receiver as I've noticed with blind scan issues. You are right that encryptions and or keys would be useless for me in NA, I just don't want it to affect the dx side of the box.

3m Channel Master-2.4m Fortec-1.2m Fortec-azbox premium+/ultra-technomate 5302-x2 premium.

• I would not worry about it mate, it's the same with a lot of the none enigma ( closed source boxes ), you get a official update once in a while but you get a lot of these patched or unofficial updates. It's likely just a way to keep things above board and on the rite side of the law. I have a Ferguson ariva receiver and they do this all the time.

official updates = FTA so no cam support or illegal movie sharing servers etc.
    Patched or unofficial updates = tend to include every thing else allowing plausible deniability from the manufacturer.

• I would not worry about it mate, it's the same with a lot of the none enigma ( closed source boxes ), you get a official update once in a while but you get a lot of these patched or unofficial updates. It's likely just a way to keep things above board and on the rite side of the law. I have a Ferguson ariva receiver and they do this all the time.

official updates = FTA so no cam support or illegal movie sharing servers etc.
    Patched or unofficial updates = tend to include every thing else allowing plausible deniability from the manufacturer.

That said it would be nice to see a proper change log released with these patched firmwares, instead of the usual "and more changes" rubbish, so you know exactly what your getting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!