Looking for English wire mod instructions for nbox 5800sx or someone to wire it up.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,480 times. The last Post () by bloto22.

• Hi,

I have recently acquired a used nbox iti-5800sx (polish) which requires the wire mod in order for me to flash an appropriate image, openpli, etc. The only instructions I can find are in Polish http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=29399

Google translate doesn't make things much clearer translating from Polish to English so if anyone can point me in the direction of someone who can get the box wired ready for me to flash the box to an image of my choice that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Steve

• depends what it says on bottom, bska, bxzb, bsla, bzzb.

Only these can be mod, but bxzb and bzzb require CPU SWAP!!.

Its not a wire mod, i do these mod's to.

1st, the bootloader must be working otherwise u cant enter it and enable DEBUG.
    2nd, after altering settings you must DOWNGRADE firmware which enables DEBUG. ( to do this you will need already own nbox with enigma)
    3rd wired up wires.

4. execute downgrade process.

5, after succesful downgrade you must flash uboot, that take about 30 min to send it over rs232.

6. turn off box, wire A20, boot box, reflash uboot from usb, remove jumper wire and flash other uboot at LEAST 1, can be A19. this will protect you if u brake the one from A20.

7.flash enigma.

:)

• Hi bloto22

Hi Have 5800 bska (Unmodded) i picked up off a carboot! boots up fine!
    looking at 2nd paragraph "( to do this you will need already own nbox with enigma)" which i don't own. can this be done via usb ttl cable using BlackBox 2.5 public and a uboot image (Not sure what Version to use) to flash via the de-bug 4 pin header?
    I've tried reading up on this via Google translate polish, but not very clear, i understand the 3 A Gates

If you could shed some light on this it would much be appreciated!
    Cheers

• 1. good soldering skills, the A20 is a really small point to wire up
    2. average skills about computers and how to use terminal
    3. prefering skills in linux as it will make you mind brighter what you gonna do.
    4. special modyficated official software to downgrade installed on te box
    5. spare adb5800 with enigma 2.
    6. kenar wire (tin wire)
    7. usb-ttl (using this cable it takes around 30min to flash uboot for the first time)

8. spare few days if you gonna be doing it for first time, you may stuck on "rebooting" issue after downgrading software, and the run high level may not cure it.

regards

• Hi it's not hard to convert and i have done over 20 nbox 5800sx
    it take time to do it .
    thanks

• Hi tom it was the uboot managed to swap the wire from A19 to A20 it then came back to life but A19 is very hard to see will leave until tomorrow

Hey bluepassat - have you\are you having a crack at flashing one yourself? Im actually quite tempted as Im good with a soldering iron and even better with commands\flashing. How far have you got?

Cheers

• Hi

A lot info is missing :D
    For BSKA Soft max 4.7ca 17 (4.7A 17), for BSLA 4.82 17 (4.99 17) - updated 09.2009.

Where u want to buy a box with software from 2009 ?? ;)

Very often on newer batch the loader is broken and u will not be able to acces service menu :).

You will have to connect 2 mainboard togheter, on one of them u will need to disable nand flash (that with software) and leave on only, flash with uboot.

The main conception is to connect already converted mainboard with preflashes uboot and disabled nand, to board with oryginal software, and nand enabled.

This way you can access nand over uboot from 1st mainboard.

• Hope this helps someone, thanks go to Mirage.

Thanks for this guide in English!, reading thru this is the black-box/ hyper flash guide. theirs no mention about using a addition 5800 with enigma.

Also thanks bloto22 for the heads, is you procedure different from this BSLA.pdf "http://linuxsat-support.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23448&d=1397081898" as im a little confused.
    i got the experience regarding flashing with Willem programmers to other boxes a few years back , but these seem to have many ways around regarding flashing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!