Been having a nosey at the current sat boxes on the market

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 494 times. The last Post () by rumpole.

• Merely out of curiosity, I have been looking at the current boxes on the market, mainly the Duo 2, Solo 2 and the XBMC one the prism cube.

I haven't looked in that much detail, but was wondering how they compare these days in terms of what they offer to the hobbiest/user over how much they cost?

From the brief nosey I had, im guessing its early days for the Prismcube (think thats the name of the xbmc one?) So may be best to wait a while, to see how it goes.

and the Duo2 is > Solo 2 > clone duo 2/solo 2 (yes I intended to stay away from the clones, lesson well learn't :) but they exist)?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• i have the solo2 and it's a great box
    i got this over the duo2 for one reason
    it was over a £100 cheaper than the duo2
    and i have no regrets it's first class and i
    have had a duo a unu and to be honest i
    cant fault any vu model, but most hd boxes
    non linux and linux models give good quality
    picture and audio it's just which box/model you prefer

• Aye horses for courses as they say, the big difference was always the twin tuner, and the digital display which you don't realise you will miss till you don't have it any more.

But on the solo and duo 2, I couldn't see justification for the £100 price difference.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• the solo2 is a twin tuner model and it has
    the 1300 MHz MIPS processor and a front display
    that on standby gives date and time when in use
    it shows channel name, but as you say the duo2
    has some extra features, but i'm sure they are
    on a par for video and audio, i must also say i only
    use any sat box to view sat tv iv'e never tried or tested
    everything the linux boxes can do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!