red light vu duo original?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 732 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• hi guru's hope someone can point me in the right direction, I have a vu duo original non clone and everything was working fine until on switching on one morning last week I got a red light only no starting message? I rebooted same result so I left box on and weirdly enough 10 minutes later box sprang into life? so have kept it on standby since eg not powering off on going to bed, however her indoors decided to dust tv and helpfully switched everything off at the plug before doing so! result is a vu duo which now sits and stares defiantly at me with the red led anybody any ideas? im using vix image 808 usually no problems cheers rab

• Hi Kestrel

You need to replace the C807 220uF 16v cap with a new one. I would recommend using a higher value cap, I used a 330uF 16v cap. I've replaced a few of these recently, bit of a pig to do as the mainboard has to be removed to do it properly. The faulty cap is on the Mainboard & not on the Powersupply board.

Regards

Wizard

• well took phoenix and wizards advice replaced said dodgy cap with a higher value 1 have to say my m8 done the soldering job as its a biatch too remove motherboard but its done switched on booted up NO PROBLEMS so all working again for now, thanks to everybody who identified the correct capacitor without that info I would still be hunting the problem down and would probably have bought a new psb,, in error so chuffed to bits cheers all rab

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!