Motor not turning

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,218 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Hey,

*Today I got my td110 installed. Installation went great, according to installer. I can pick up 30w to 42e no prob.

When he connected the coax cable upto the DB, it came up please wait while turning dish to xx satellite.

So basically the DB was not turning the dish. Installers signal meter thingy was able to turn it.

He said its either the image or the box itself which is what I had thought.

I have no null modem cable, so had to flash through LAN using flashwizard.

Did this and all went well. Though it still was not working the motor.

The motor light is green when box is on, I tried to turn it with manual button on motor , but not working.( does this suggest it's the motor ? Even though his meter was moving it ?

Couldn't get the Internet working with the new image so had to flash again, which for lack of knowing a better word bricked the box. When I switch on nothing happens just stays on the av screen. Anyway that's besides the point of this thread. I'm sure I'll sort that out tomorrow or over the weekend with a null modem cable(hopefully).

Anybody know what's wrong ?
    Thanks for reading

• Official Post

This post reminds me of when i had just started with a dm500, I am sure a reflash via null modem will get it going again & don't think your motor is the problem. Try to factory reset the image if you can get as far as that, i think the problem may be the way you configured the motor settings.
    Can you tell us the image you have installed now & as much info as possible about how you configured the motor settings on the image.

• Thanks .I first had pli, today I flashed edg enemesis, that wouldn't work either. So tried to flash back to pli but the percentage thing froze on flashwizard. So plugged db out. And now it won't come back on. That's what I was thinking . Just don't know why the motor wouldn't move with the manual button, as i would of thought it has nothing to do with receiver.

• Which dreambox is it?

Some dream 500 clones have been known to not be capable of turning a motor though thats rare and the majority will do.

The motor draws its power from the receiver so that could explain why it was not turning.

Have you tried to reset the motor and also what make and model is it?

Some motors will have a reset button which you can press with a pin.

I use a moteck 2100 which is in common use - I have uploaded a pic of the reset procedure.

If you have another receiver I would suggest hooking it up and see if that drives the motor.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• Yeah I did do this morning and the reciever(***) was giving enough power for it to turn manually. So think it has to be the db not giving enough power to turn(but enough to light LED). So would you advise I chance another dreambox clone. Which would be handy as I would have to save for a better box. Or do you think thats what I should do ?

• Yeah I did do this morning and the reciever(***) was giving enough power for it to turn manually. So think it has to be the db not giving enough power to turn(but enough to light LED). So would you advise I chance another dreambox clone. Which would be handy as I would have to save for a better box. Or do you think thats what I should do ?

I wouldnt be reaching for the purse strings just yet.

Try and get another image on that receiver first of all via null modem.

Try Gemini 4.2.0 clone safe image, never gave me any hassle.

Only if that fails would I look into getting another receiver.

As regards 500 clones I can confirm that the iNetbox 300s will turn the motor.

• I flashed it this evening with a new image, now it will turn the motor(runs out of power though sometimes). Fresh problem though, When it swings round to 13e(example) or any other sat apart from 28.2 it keeps saying trying to turn motor, but when I put it back to 28.2 it picks that up. Dunno whats wrong :too_sad:

• thanks for the suggestion pjtips, but it was rg6 triax brand cable so i think its pretty good, also the cable only has a very short run 15 to 20 feet, as dish is right beside my room.

• thanks for all the help, the box just isnt moving the motor at all, tried flashing with null, several images. Any body suggest a box that will move the motor ? dont need hd as i have a brick of a telly lol, and needs to be cheap . cas i need to buy b4 foot ball starts on sat. What bout the tm-500 ? any suggestions.

• Official Post

I think the tuner in your 500 was probably knackered when you bought it (especially if it was fleabay ) I wouldn't let that put you off going for the same box again, I am not sure about the tm500 but have read of problems with the images in the past. Do you know anyone with a working dm500 you could test the motor with before buying.

DM500s Silver

• No I dont think so as only one feed will go to the motor and will have to come from the dreambox.

Open to correction on that.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!