cannot stream tv tuner channel via media tomb

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,485 times. The last Post () by hxxxlxxxh.

• I installed media tomb and my windows 7 media player (WMP) "sees" the Media Tomb Server.
    I've setup a TV channel using the mediatomb web interface. The channel is

type: External Link
    URL: http://192.168.1.4:8001/1:0:19:1B1C:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0
    Protocol: http-get
    Mimetype: video/ts

However...

Problem 1:
    I followed this to get TV channels streaming but when I click on the WMP media tomb server , this TV "channel" stream is not available. All I can "see" is:
    MUSIC
    VIDEO
    TV RECORDINGS
    and in the VIDEO are all my videos - which are actually TV recordings so not sure why they appear under VIDEO - but the TV source is not shown

Problem2:
    On my linux box, if I click on the "tv channel" in the media tomb webinterface, an MPG file starts downloading in chromium browser. If I open this file up then the TV channel is "played" although I have to close down VLC and stop the download to terminate viewing.

Not quite a correct setup but if someone could help with the above problems Id be obliged.

VU+ Duo. BH 2.0.9. CCcam 2.1.3

Edited 2 times, last by keratos ().

• instead of using mediatomb why not directly from openwebif which is similar if you want to view on a pc with windows..
    if to another ,i.e : ipad,android then you have apps for this...
    if to another e2 box with BH image ( not sure about vix) remote channel stream converter streams perfectly ..

• Because I must have DLNA provided media , that is how my entire home network and devices are setup. Consistent approach that all my kids can understand.
    Webif streaming works fine for sure, but how do I address the above problems ?

• eh - tuner config? Its nothing to do with that.

Since posting I tried creating an m3u file in which is contained the URL link. Now, on my windows box - when I add this item file to the PC directory in media tomb and click on the file , WMP fires up and plays the TV channel - perfect. Nothing to do with tuner config (the STB plays TV fine - this wasnt the issue - Im wondering why you suggested that in the first place?? ah well...moving on...

So I can stream TV via media tomb but only when connected to its web interface; what I would like to do is get media tomb to serve the item file through to a DLNA client. Some scripting may be required because the layout=js is set in the server config (config.xml) but I dont know how to do this.

Anyone?

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!