How to setup an internal share w/ CCcam. (Basic Guide Only)

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,168 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• First we will setup our network connection.

Go into network/communication settings.

Uncheck dhcp and apply your own IP to the box.

Next make sure that you have CCcam and CCcam.cfg installed on your box.

(depending on image you may need to ftp CCcam to your box whereas others allow the direct download thru the box)

After you have installed CCcam make sure to set it as your default cam. (usually found in blue panel or softcam/ci from menu)

Next go to CCcam.cfg and add your F line to the box which you will provide the share from.

After this has been done we will then access CCcam.cfg on the box which you wish to receive the share on and add the corresponding C line.

Note that the F and C line don’t need to follow the traditional format used when sharing with external peers.

The F line will look something like so:
    F: user pass
    Example - F: Share Kitchen1

The C line will look something like so:
    C: dreamboxIP port user pass
    Example - C: 192.168.1.XX 12000 Share Kitchen1

(Note: dreamboxIP is from the box we are sharing from i.e. where we added our F line – default port is usually 12000 though for security purposes I would advise changing that)

In CCcam.cfg make sure to remove any # from in front of the F or C line otherwise the command will not be active.

After you have done this save and exit CCcam.cfg and if all has gone to plan we should now have our internal share up and running.

To add more boxes to your internal share simply follow the same procedure as above and add a F line to your master box for each slave box on your internal network and the corresponding C line to any additional slave box which you might wish to add.

It makes things easier to assign each box on a network a static IP which was described at the beginning of this post.

Ok, thats it - hope it helps anyone looking to try this.

EDIT: Just gonna add to make sure CCcam is setup as the default cam on the receiving box also, otherwise the share will not be successful - this caught a few people out in the past.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• hi
    firstly redout thanks for a great post

In the box with the f-line, if sharing your own card internally will a boxkey be needed

• nice post Redout !

A boxkey will be needed to access the premium services such as sport/films and Hd if your using a uk provider ! beer10

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• hi

firstly thanks for reply rikjaard-real

the reason I asked is I have just set up a internal card share to use at my caravan and home
    but it is not connected to the internet I use a old router or a ethernet hub with home plugs

After setting up a server box up (box with card in)

I then connected a second box (client box) to the first box (server box) with a crossover cable

Gave both boxes static ip addresses

On the dreamboxes menu/set up/ communications set up

Ip Address (server box)192.168,xxx.xx1 (client box)192.168.xxx.xx2

Subnet mask (server box) 255.255.255.0 (client box) 255.255.255.0

Name server same as server boxes ip address

Default gateway same as server boxes ip address

F line in server box F: share1 friend1

C line in client box C : 192.168.xxx.xx1 12000 share1 friend1

If you wish to share with more than 2 boxes and no internet you can use a Ethernet hub or switch

Connected boxes to hub with set up as above the 3rd boxes ip ending in 3

If you wish to use a router as a Ethernet hub/switch
    name server and default gateway will be that of the routers

Add second f line F line in server box F: share2 friend2

And seconed c line C : 192.168.xxx.xx1 12000 share2 friend2

This is how I connected to the internet to download cccam 2.13

Via Modem

If you have a spare modem lying about, clone or original, you can use this to connect directly to the internet without any wireless devices or routers.

First of all, you will need to connect a PC or laptop to the modem to find out it's ip address. This ip address goes into the 'Default Gateway' section of the network settings page on your dreambox. Also enable DHCP on your dreambox. This is all that's needed.

once I had Downloaded cccam and cccam cfg file I backed up the image and flash to other boxes so other boxes have image with cccam in
    I then put a static ip address as above ,default gateway(of server box or router) and edit the cccam cfg file for each box ie one server the others client boxes

hope this may help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!