mgcamd restart issues

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,809 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• got mgcamd 1.38 installed on 2 boxes we turn them off when not watching. problem is my dm800 with openpli 3 mgcamd autorestarts no probs, but my sunray with openpli 2.1 i have to manually restart cam. i can't change openpli for later version because of trial tuner issues with oe2.0. here is softcam.mgcamd script

• Official Post

The start script looks fine.. I would try using a script that will check if mgcamd is running and if not will restart it..

FTP the MgcamdCheck.sh to /usr/script/ and change permissions to 644

Bash
    #!/bin/sh 
    process=`ps auxwww | grep mgcamd | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'`
    if [ -z '$process' ]; then
    echo "Couldn't find mgcamd running. Restarting binary" >> /var/log/mgcamd.check 
    echo && date >>/var/log/mgcamd.check
    /etc/init.d/softcam.mgcamd >> /var/log/mgcamd.log & 
    then echo "mgcamd is still OK!" >> /var/log/mgcamd.check 
    fi

Set a cron to run the script every 1 minute..
    FTP the cron file (root) to /etc/cron/crontabs/ and change permissions to 755

Code
    */1 * * * * /usr/script/MgcamdCheck.sh

Start the check script and cron in telnet..

Code
    /usr/script/MgcamdCheck.sh
    /etc/cron/crontabs/root

There should be a log in /var/log/mgcamd.check that will notify you if and when mgcamd was started..

Let us know if it works buddy..

• tried with permissions to 644 and both had permission denied. MgcamdCheck.sh with permission 744 brings this error, while crontabs file with 755 still permission denied

• still did not run

Code
    root@dm800se:~# /etc/cron/crontabs/root           
    /etc/cron/crontabs/root: line 1: */1: not found   
    root@dm800se:~#
  • i used dcc software i went to /etc/rc3.d/ folder then right click think it says create symlink in the top box write
    ../init.d/softcam
    then the bottom box called name write
    S50softcam
    not near box so can't be more specific

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!