BT Sport free for another season

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,247 times. The last Post () by SWEENEY.

• Millions of UK homes will be able to watch BT Sport for free for another season following BT’s decision to continue offering the channels for free to new and re-contracting BT Broadband customers.

BT has revealed that around five million homes now take BT Sport, just nine months after the channels went live last August. This makes BT Sport one of the fastest growing TV services ever launched in the UK.

Around three million of those homes take the service directly from BT – either via satellite, BT TV or the BT Sport App alone – with the remainder taking the service via wholesale deals struck by BT.

John Petter, BT Consumer chief executive said: “Fans have been the winners with BT Sport. Millions of homes have enjoyed the very best sporting action for free. We said we would shake up the market and we have done just that. The great news for fans is that BT Sport will remain free with BT Broadband for another season, during which we will broadcast live action from the new European rugby tournaments. There has never been a better time to switch to BT Broadband so I would encourage sports fans to sign up.”

BT Sport has had a strong debut season in which it has shown dozens of matches from the Barclays Premier League and FA Cup, as well as hundreds of hours of live football from Scotland, Germany, Italy and France. Customers have also been able to watch exclusive live coverage of Moto GP races as well as other sporting action including Aviva Premiership rugby, UFC, NBA basketball, women’s tennis and women’s football.

BT also announced that its set top box service BT TV has passed the one million milestone with the majority of those homes taking BT Sport.

Whilst BT Sport will remain free with BT Broadband for another season, non BT Broadband customers can also watch the channels if they have a *** satellite box. BT Sport is currently £12 a month in standard definition and £15 a month in HD. Virgin Media customers can also access the BT Sport channels for the same price or as part of their package if they take XL broadband from Virgin.

BT Sport was introduced to help BT Consumer return to top and bottom line growth. It has helped BT to grow its broadband base and to improve its share of broadband net adds in what is a highly competitive market. It has also helped the business to grow its TV revenues and to significantly reduce the number of line losses.

Code
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/04/30/bt-sport-free-with-bt-broadband-for-another-season/

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I wouldn't re contract to BT if you paid me to. BT has got to be be the biggest waste of space ever. I'm just biding my time when i can tell them where to stick their sh*t broadband and phone service. In the last six months both my BT Broadband and telephone services have gone down 12 times. In the six years i was with Virgin Media my broadband went down once, i never had any issues with my phone or with my billing. The best bit was that the customer service agents could all speak English. What does that say on how good BT services are compared to Virgin Media.

Just to make things a bit more difficult BT has customer service agents can't speak or understand the English language and have to read from a script. If you ask them something that causes them issues they just hang up on you.

They also make threats of a £130 bill if the line coming into you property fails within the boundary of your property even if its in underground ducts. Finally to finish it off they have the total inability to even get a monthly bill correct.

The only advice i can give anybody is don't get your services from BT you will regret it.

Nano

Edited 4 times, last by nano ().

• Not everyone has a smooth ride with any supplier as everyone has a different story, Mine is literally the same as yours but not with BT but with Virmin. I got sick of the 16:00 - 21:00 forced slow down and capped download limit on my so called 30mb Unlimited line to 5mb to allow for the rest of the virmin nation to be able to use the internet, When i complained i just got the usual its in the T&C's crap.

Personally got shut of them for BT around 2 years ago when we first got Fibre and have never had a problem since, I first started with the 40mb which i got full speed and then tried them on there its truly unlimited 24/7 so i started downloading Blu rays from usenet and low and behold even in peak times early evening i got the full download speed with no caps. I was that impressed i signed up to the 80mb as soon as it came out and have been happy ever since. In the 2 years i have had BT Fibre its been down for 30 mins one early morning around 01:30am and thats it, Cant complain at that. Oh! yes i also get BT sport for free

Moral of the story everyone will have a Good or Bad experience with any supplier whether that be Virmin,BT,Talk Talk etc... i suppose it also depends on how overloaded your local Cabinet is with the different suppliers, some will be choc a bloc and others will only have a handful of customers which results in better service.

• I have been having bad experiences with BT at least once a month for the last six months. You can't even sort out any issue quickly as none of the operators there have an exceptable grasp of the English language. If i had known their call center was in India i wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole.

If i have issues i want to speak to somebody who can understand me and i can understand them. Considering BT are supposed a communication company they have forgotten the basic principles of what they are there for.

I have to do everything through their forum or online as its preferable to having to speak to one of the imbeciles in their call centers knowing straight away that i will have difficulty understanding them. Even the MY BT website is displaying incorrect information. I have the full unlimited phone package, yet their website only states that i have free weekend calls.

The sooner i can ditch these clowns and go to a different provider the better.

I was going to have BT fibre as they have just finished installing the cabinets in my street, but after all the hassle i have been having with them there is no way on earth i would sign up for another 18 months of torture with BT. I'd rather go with 5ky than BT and we all know how s**t 5ky are.

Nano

Edited 2 times, last by nano ().

• my biggest hate is the blocking of sites by some of the bigger companies BT virgin etc
    if you use xmbc or tourrents you will be aware of what I mean,
    I myself will be running away from BT as my isp when my contract is up,
    BT sports is not worth the blocking of sites especially when I have other locals
    foz

• my biggest hate is the blocking of sites by some of the bigger companies BT virgin etc
    if you use xmbc or tourrents you will be aware of what I mean,
    I myself will be running away from BT as my isp when my contract is up,
    BT sports is not worth the blocking of sites especially when I have other locals
    foz

Dont cut off your nose to spite your face buddy almost all isp are blocking use a proxy better still a paid one itll be worth it bt is a good isp if you take into account the free wifi the calling app over wifi smart talk and free bt sports , inc the bt sports app ,you wont find much better , if anyone knows a better isp im all ears but ive not found one

• I haven't had any problems since I went back to them after o2 were taken over. When I've called up I have been to uk call centre and India as well. My broadband hasn't been down at all for over a year yet....I took the deal when it had 6 months free and when the 6 months was up I upgraded to fibre and on a 12 month deal lol. funny thing was they only started to block the sports streaming sites once they had got the bt sports. ...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• As i said previously not all ISP's are 100% reliable people will have a problem with one or the other at sometime but dont forget every one person who has problems there is also another person who does not.

As for the Torrents i dont use them never have never will and BT do not Block Usenet at all, as for streaming use a little ingenuity and there are workarounds.

Regards

• BT OK here too after O2. Funny for me is I get limited on .torrent to PC only. If I use NAS no limited ever so far but yes like all other ISP they blocking stuff I likes to use a lot so I using proxy a lot. ha ha.

• I had problems with talk talk for months with line going down all the time then changed to bt and when fitting the line said I had a problem and fixed it there and then yet talk talk never even looked.
    I think everybody at sometime has had a bad experience with a ISP at some time or other.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!