Does Bigger Dish Prevent Picture Breakup?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,040 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• I've got my VU+ Duo 2 connected to the latest Sly dish which is small. When I remove the commercials from a recorded programme with VideoRedo, the program tells me if any video frames were removed (it usually says something like 7 video frames were removed out of a 30 minute or 2 hour programme - there are 25 frames in a second of video) and it tells me what time has the removed frames. I then go to that time and I can see that 7 frames are missing because somebody could be in the middle of a sentence and then a word is missing because that portion of the video is missing. The frames are missing in the video before I edited it, it's just that VideoRedo removes the junk frames that contain nothing.

I record several progammes per day and I usually get a couple of programmes that have several video frames missing. Is this problem actually in the broadcasts or is it a result of my dish being too small? Sometimes I get frames removed so I record the repeat of the programme the next day and it doesn't have any frames removed.

The picture breakup can happen even on sunny days with no wind or may not happen at all on days with rain and wind! On my official sly box the signal box is almost full so the signal is fine.

My dads box is connected to a large dish from 10 years ago and he says he never gets breakup but then again he doesn't really pays attention to what he's watching so I don't know...

So I'm just wondering if I should connect my box to a larger dish or not?

• I would say its programming .....
    why don´t you simply try recording from your dad´s bigger dish and see what happens then come back
    and report your findings that way we can all learn from your expertise ..
    btw... you never did answer the question as to why you record so much stuff especially when most of it is repeats¿¿??

• Kind of defeats the purpose if I have to pay someone to hook up my Dad's dish to my box to see if it fixes the problem. That's why I'm asking here.

When and where did you ask that question? I don't record lots of repeats at all - where did I say that?

To answer your question I record all the UK soaps as I like them and want to watch them again someday and F1 and wrestling is also on nearly every day so I record them for the same reason.

• I'm not an engineer and I have no wish to attempt connecting the wires from the dish to the box myself. I was going to hire someone to do it.

Surely someone here with a big dish can confirm if you get regular picture breakup or not for a split second on some recordings?

• I'm not an engineer and I have no wish to attempt connecting the wires from the dish to the box myself. I was going to hire someone to do it.

Surely someone here with a big dish can confirm if you get regular picture breakup or not for a split second on some recordings?

You were going to hire someone to disconnect a couple of fplugs from a box? Its pretty much the same as turning a tap on and off !

I had problems with older bh images with random freezes on recordings...either update whatever image you are using to the latest or back up your settings and give another image a try.

• I get picture breakup from signals under 39% on weaker sats on a 120cms dish with ultrablack lnb.
    freezing ,pixelation ,etc... but I never record anything as everything/anything worth recording is on V.O.D..
    but saying that I do accept that each to their own...
    I am not an engineer nor does it take to be an engineer to unscrew an F connector from your dad´s box and screw it to your box...
    There are no wires but a cable or two for dual tuners. it is as simple as unplugging any electrical equipment..

• I'm using the latest Blackhole 2.0.9 image. I would try another image such as Vix for example but the problem is that the LinuxSat Support Addon doesn't have a cam download for Vix that works.

• Check and see if its 2.0.9.1 you are on as it should be available via software update in your menu..as for vix cams..i have used cams for vix images that are posted on here and they worked ok for me, vix also have a link on the website to download what cams you need but better still all cams are now available via the vix addon server anyway.

• What do you mean a vix cam that doesnt work bud????
    You have up to the most recent of oscam,, all the CCcam versions, mgcamd,,,,
    The Team work very hard to keep and maintain the addons plugin so please explain what you mean and what you have tried..

• Bigger dishes when setup properly will give you more tolerance for poor weather, or rain faid as its commonly known but they also have less tolerance for error when lining them up, the best way to know is to carry the receiver to your dads place and hook it up to his dish your self. as for cams you can get a assortment of known working cams directly from the ViX plugin feeds, you only need to provide your own configuration files.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• What do you mean a vix cam that doesnt work bud????
    You have up to the most recent of oscam,, all the CCcam versions, mgcamd,,,,
    The Team work very hard to keep and maintain the addons plugin so please explain what you mean and what you have tried..

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=45540

A while back, on Vix I installed the pre-configured cams via the LinuxSatSupport Addon but I couldn't get it working. Nobody had a solution so I just used BlackHole instead

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!