Tring, tring, tring :P... Emu for Activation and updates..

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,513 times. The last Post () by boxgott.

• Ok so thinking of making a back-up image for the dm500s for Tring cards..

But just a little bit confused about what emu's to include..

For monthly entitlement updates Master G has posted "[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Mgcamd + Oscam" [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

HTML
    http://linuxsat-support.com/oscam-configs-all-packages/3811-how-cccam-oscam-tring.html

[/FONT]

There is also a "How to: CCcam Oscam Tring!"

HTML
    http://linuxsat-support.com/oscam-configs-all-packages/3811-how-cccam-oscam-tring.html

And to mess things up rightly i seen a Tringsat Ready Image made by a highly regarded Satellite shop using " CCcam 2.1.4 +Newcs 1.67 "

Asked was it working ok for updating the image and was told it activates the card and updates it fine!

So talk about confusing!

Can anyone shed any light?

• Yep I can shed some light, I did have my dm500s running my tring card Tringset image inside but I had to put it into my conax cam then into my TM15CI to update it every month. I have now moved on to VU Duo with the "Mgcamd + Oscam" update installed but on Saturday I noticed that my Tring was sound only so I had to pull the Conax cam out of my Duo then put it back in to Receive a picture (this must have updated the card)

Zgemma H2

Mag 255

• i had issue wiv tring not updating before ! now using oscam in tm800 enigma2 and the season starts for real saturday so i will let you know how i get on?

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Can anyone update on this one? I'm new to Tring and now I have things working on my VU+ Duo, it would be good to know the best way to get updates. I have an old TM1500 that will read and should update the card. But I could do without the hassle of swapping cables around every month.

• Official Post

You`ve got the option of using a conax cam in the VU+, I used this method all last year.

If you want to use a EMU to get updates then Mgcamd is the only way to do it. So you will have to use a combination of Oscam which is the only cam that reads tring and Mgcamd to get the update.

There are two methods of controlling your server:

Oscam as server and Mgcamd as client softcam.

Oscam as card reader and CCcam as server, but switch to Oscam and Mgcamd client once a month to get the update.

• Thanks Master G, and thanks for the BHole image backup - yours is the one I am currently using.

Can I ask a dumb question? I am currently running with Oscam and CCcam. How do I switch from one to the other? I assume that there is a menu where I can turn one off and the other on? I just can't find it...

When is the best time to get the update, is it the first few days of each month?

• Official Post

Install Mgcamd, press blue button then press left or right in the softcam manager to change the softcam.

If you want oscam+Mgcamd to start at the same time you will need to edit the Mgcamd script in /usr/camscript/.
    How to - Oscam + Mgcamd1.35a start/stop cam script . Enigma 2 ( leave the line CAMNAME= in the original script and replace the rest )

The update comes on the first of each month, but there were ocassions last year when it needed updated just before a 3PM kickoff.

• Thanks.

If I got a conax cam could I still cccam? Seems like it might be more reliable way of making sure I don't miss any games - I use a slingbox to watch games when I'm not at home and it's a nightmare trying to do anything more complicated than change channel!

• Hi Guys
    sorry to jump on the thread but would it be possible for me to run a tring card in a DM800 via a smargo plugged in to the usb on the back, I ask this as i already have a card in the internal slot so i think i will need to invest in a smargo.
    Unless you guys know if i could plug a Pheonix usb programmer or a CAS3 in to the receiver and read tring card that way.

cheers

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!