why is it so difficult to find these free channels and put them on the MAG250

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,637 times. The last Post () by zaferali.

• there are many satellites, I have a 2m motorized dish. HD receiver and a TV, I can receive 1000's of FTA channels, all I need to see them are the frequencies , they can be found every where. I have a MAG 250 and I do not know how to load the local TV channels or where to find them, also there is an IPTV agreement and many countries are part of it, there is another IPTV box on the market and it states that over 3000 channels can be viewed on it from all over the world and they are free, all you do is buy the box, why is it so difficult to find these free channels and put them on the MAG250, maybe the interest is not there at the moment?

• These free to air/free to stream channels can be found from collecting info from all over the net then adding them to your .m3u8 list and installing.
    But as you stated, if you can recieve them on fta sat then why use up broadband to watch the same...??
    remember that certain fta are licence fee financed..
    others have their own media iplayers,etc.. others need working tokens to be viewed and have short lifespans..

• the advantage of the MAG250 is that it is small and portable and can be used anywhere there is an internet connection. another point I have noticed what is the difference between m3u and m3u8

Edited once, last by zaferali ().

• .m3u8 is a UTF-8 version of the M3U format [source].
    .m3u files can have various encodings.

can both these versions be used on the MAG250? as I did notice in this forum that only M3U had been given as an example. I found a list and it had m3u8 in it and when I tried to convert it UTF-8 it only showed up as a txt document.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!