Acestream Player

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,665 times. The last Post () by curioustv.

• AcestreamPlayer
    Attached is a plugin to play streams from a Acestream server.

Method :-

Acestream Player How to

1. If you do not have Ace Player HD (vlc) already installed on your pc - first uninstall any installed vlc mediaplayer. Next find and install :-

Ace_Stream_Media_2.2.4.1-next.exe

2. Start Ace Player HD (vlc). Configure player :

Tools -> Preferences -> All -> Interfaces -> Main Interfaces -> Select Web -> Exit

3. Configure host :

Find the path to the folder player by rightclick on the Ace player icon. Mine is (for example) -

"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ACEStream\player\ace_player.exe"

Then do - ACEStream\player -> lua -> http - find file HOSTS. Insert the receiver ip (without #)
    (Sometimes ACEStream deletes this change after pc reboot. So check.)

4. Install plugin AcestreamPlayer (attached). Start plugin. Config - insert server ip and
    location of your user acestream url list. Default location /media/usb. Example list attached.

Check with BT Sport 2 (working in uk).

Regards, pcd.

• AcestreamPlayer Plugin for Enigma2 Version 2.0

Attached is the new version of Acestreamplayer - a plugin to play streams from a. Acestream server.

Method :-

Acestream Player How to

1. If you do not have Ace Player HD (vlc) already installed on your pc - first uninstall any installed vlc mediaplayer. Next find and install :-

Ace Player HD 2.2.6 (VLC 2.0.5)

2. Start Ace Player HD (vlc). Configure player :

Tools -> Preferences -> All -> Interfaces -> Main Interfaces -> Select Web -> Exit

3. Configure host :

Find the path to the folder player by rightclick on the Ace player icon. Mine is (for example) -

"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ACEStream\player\ace_player.exe"

Then do - ACEStream\player -> lua -> http - find file HOSTS. Insert the receiver ip (without #)
    (Sometimes ACEStream deletes this change after pc reboot. So check.)

4. Install plugin AcestreamPlayer (attached). Start plugin. Config - insert server ip and
    location of your user acestream url list. Default location /media/usb. Save config and Restart enigma.

Example acestreams list attached.

Regards, pcd.

• Hello, please somebody can you tell me what i must do to watch videos from the acestreamplayer on my enigma2 box on television?
    I read the details you say in the message but i not find the 'select web' in this details:

Please also when i right click the acestremplayer icon i see:

Must i change this to:

ACEStream\player -> lua -> http - find file HOSTS. Insert the receiver ip

I will find my receiver ip first to put. After i can watch on my enigma2 box on the television or no?

I hope very much you can pleae help me.

• Ok as curioustv keeps requesting an Acestream player I thought I would bring this old plugin from PCD back to life.
    ** Note this plugin streams from your PC to your satellite box. Its not a standalone player **

I have stripped down the code and made it work on python 3.

I haven't done much with the skin. Its very basic.

But there isn't actually much wrong with this code from 7 years ago. :thumbs up:

To clarify the instructions

Download Acestream player (you don't need to remove VLC player)
    https://www.acestream.org/?page=products

In acestream player

Amend acestreamplayer's host file

Find the path of acestream player by right clicking on the Ace player icon. Mine is (for example) -

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\player\ace_player.exe

in explorer go to your acestream player folder.

C:\Users\[user]c\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\player\

then

C:\Users\[user]c\AppData\Roaming\ACEStream\player\lua\http

edit .hosts
    adding your sat boxes ip address

i.e.192.168.1.99

Reboot computer (important)

----

Install plugin AcestreamPlayer (attached).

Start plugin. Config - Insert PC ip address.
    PC IP address can be found via a command prompt

ipconfig

Change the location of your acestream url list.

Default location /media/hdd.

Add your list

Save config and Restart enigma. (important)

Open acestream player on your PC.

Open plugin on your box.

Click OK userlist to load your list. Click a channel to play

Example acestreams list found on the internet is attached. (not all will play - i tested a few)

I can't offer any support for this and I have no plans to do any further work on it.
    I just thought I would get it working. Although there is very little error catching going on. So it may crash.

Enjoy. Original credit goes to pcd. Its his plugin.

You can find some acestream sources in this thread
    Ace Stream Content ID

WARNING: ACESTREAMS are a form of torrent.
    It isn't recommended to use torrents nowadays. Use at your own risk :police car light: :prohibited:

• @KiddaC, thanks a lot for updating this plugin.

After some tests with crashes, finally I got it working. The problem was very stupid, the culprit

was the provided 'Acelist.txt' file formatting: it has to be written in lowercase, because the

name of this file is written in lowercase in its configured path within the plugin. Once you

lower the A of the 'Acelist.txt' file, there is no crash.

Another crash happens when trying to load the urllist by hitting OK as you mention in your

instructions. To load the urllist, you have to select first the 'Select' option, then select the

entry you want from the now loaded list and then hit OK. Please, edit the instructions so

nobody has any crashes. Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!