VU + Duo red light stuck on "starting....."

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,408 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi Guys, and girls..
    I am a newbie and am glad to be part of your site, it is very informative.

I have the same problem I see a lot of guys posting and it is driving the wife nuts. I only bought my Duo 1 yr ago. But now when I switch on the rocker switch at the back of the box, the red light in the top left of the LCD is constantly on, and the words "starting...." stuck on display. It was working fine until I decided look up TSpanel and update the epg. But somewhere along the line I pressed "update all" and it started to download everything (all the updates, lots of Mb's). So I aborted this, I think by switching it off at the back and when I restarted it, it locked on me. I then shut down and tried to reboot with the usb in the front, and nothing, still displaying starting on the front panel. After several attempts at rebooting to no avail, I searched the forum and seen people with a similar problem, talking about replacing C807 capacitor. I took it to a company in the local Ind Est and asked them if they could replace this, and they replaced all three capacitors (C807, C814 & C850). I got the box home and still the same, red light and "starting..." on the front display. Can anybody help me... I am lost on what to try next? Or where to send for a repair. Any information on what to do next would be grateful.

A little info on the box, It is the model with the SMD (Surface Mount Device). These were replaced with a 220 35v capacitor on C807 and 220 16v capacitors on the other two as in the pic.
    dd32c91e2120b425fe.jpg3fd50d37e24509.jpg9991a2de4db5aafcda72cb.jpg

• I take it that the usb stick in front has the image to reflash on it??
    have you got any others or a HDD connected ?? disconnect everything .
    unplug and restart without any sticks or HDD connected..
    Can you communicate with the box through FTP or telnet??
    here are some possibilities from the HOW TO section:
    Telnet! with (Backup) Spare import process (Guide)

Solving Problem "Starting" in Vu Plus

How To Update Bootloader on Vu+DUO

• Ok guys, a little update... first thank you for all the really useful info, as I would never had been able to do this on my own, but the level of help and knowledge has been second to none.
    Now, I flashed it with a new bootloader and image using the pen drive I have always used, that was plugged in the back of the box and nothing. I then did the same with a new pen drive and voila!! Rebooted and everything is fine. Loaded a new image and everything is smashing. Must have been the software sticking. Funny how my stick That was plugged in the back with the old image and settings is now not recognised anymore.

Now I have to try and get all my channels back. Thanks again.

• Spot on Nano!!

• Hi can any one help I have had a vu+duo for 14months no issues then on fri it did its update n restarted however red light with starting is stuck on n I have no idea plz help

• Hi it was auto bouquets I think n yeh tuck hd out tried reflashing witch it did n said remove n resest however problem still there n I havent a clue on back it says vu+duo bn:08109001 s/n:msa 5202023 v3.2

Edited once, last by mackems: more info ().

• If it's still stuck with just the red light showing then you will have read in the two links that master G posted for you that it's a capacitor that most likely needs to be replaced..... it's probably just coincidence that the capacitor went at the time when auto bouquets was running an update.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi wen I use remote it responds n goes from starting to reading usb even wen none in light goes of if hold power button down for bout min also goes from red to light orange wen press n hold power button

i have used usb stick to load
    boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
    kernel_cfe_auto
    root_cfe_auto.jffs2

reading usb then finnished remove and reboot however nothing changes
    i remove usb turn box of for min then back on and again same problem

Edited 2 times, last by mackems ().

• You should always turn the box off first before removing the usb stick after flashing a new image.... the three files that your are loading should be in a folder named "duo" and this folder should be inside a folder named "vuplus"

You place the folder named "vuplus" onto the usb stick and then start the flashing process, try reflashing the bootloader following this tutorial "duo cfe Rev 3.0" and the file attached in post#1, then try to flash a new image on after that....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!