What is "hop" mean in OSCam/CCcam

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,454 times. The last Post () by codar.

• I had read alot of article in this forum regarding on hop setting and configuration, but cannot find any deep explanation on hop and what is so special or important of "hop"
    Wiki did not mention in detail regarding on "hop" as well.
    Googling as well cannot give a correct answer on "hop"

Can some expert enlighten me on this, thanks..

• Hop is how far the person is from you from whom your getting the ecm from. Hop 1 is direct, hop 2 is through another peer and 3 means you have 2 peers in between

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• basically a hop is a "step" from one peer A to another B...
    A=>B = 1 hop
    A=>B=C = 2 hops
    This is important in the moment you decide whether to give reshare to your peer B ( B =>C )
    or NO RESHARE ( A=> B only )
    it is common practice to give 1 reshare to your peer

I suggest take a read of these getting started
    and FLINE and CLINE
    Although they are basically for CCcam ,,they are of great help ...

• Is that if hop=2 hops (A=>B=>C) means if I create a peer login to my brother example: C: abc.no-ip.com 12000 bro bro for his dreambox, with hop=2 he can login 2 boxes at one time using the same login I had created to him??

• Hi.
    It doesn't have anything to do with multiple logins.

I share my card from my server with you = hop1
    You then re-share my card with your brother = hop2
    Your brother then re-shares my card with a friend of his = hop3
    Hops is the number of servers the ECM's goes through to get from the card to the destination.
    It is customary to allow one reshare on a line so in the senario above, your brother wouldn't be able to re-share with his friend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!