Almost new box died

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 733 times. The last Post () by nano.

• My Vu+ duo that I bought mid-April has completely died. No lights whatsoever. I have contacted the supplier and hopefully will get a response after the weekend. The advice I would like is this - would you send it back or ask for a new power supply? Kev.

• If the box is under warrenty let them fix it for you, if they send you a new PSU and that isn't the issue you will have voided the warrenty as soon as you open it up as you are not an approved Vu+ repairer. Once you have opened teh box they have no obligations to fix the fault.

Who did you have the box from?

Nano

• If the box is under warrenty let them fix it for you, if they send you a new PSU and that isn't the issue you will have voided the warrenty as soon as you open it up as you are not an approved Vu+ repairer. Once you have opened teh box they have no obligations to fix the fault.

Who did you have the box from?

Nano

Surely opening the duo to install a HDD, for example , is covered ?
    Another thing is poking around the other components...

• It all depends on who the box has been purchased from. Some sellers wont hold it against opening the box up to install a HDD you others will.

Unfortunately as soon as you break the seal some sellers will see that as a green light to screw you over.

Nano

• No way under SOGA they can void warranty if you have opened it up to install HD as it's sold as a PVR. Obviously if you started unscrewing other components that's different.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• No way under SOGA they can void warranty if you have opened it up to install HD as it's sold as a PVR. Obviously if you started unscrewing other components that's different.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That´s exactly what I thought..... that´s why the screws don´t come waxed nor painted...

• I bought it from vuplus_co_uk on Ebay. Problem is I am in Corfu so sending it back is going to be expensive and as usual the buyer pays for return postage. I think it will have to be a return in case it's not the psu. I have recommended the Vu+ to lots of people because I love it - I will be worried now, even when I get this sorted. Oh well, I am back on my little but trustworthy F3 for a while! Thanks again for all the advice.

• I'm just going on the experience that i had with my old DM7020si about 5 years ago. Dream Multimedia f**ked me over for doing exactly the same thing. PSU failed i ended up with a repair bill on a 5 month old box because i opened the box.

• contact the sellers, I'm sure they will help you out :-) the problem you have sound alike the power supply, this should be very easy to fix, you either send the box back to them or they send you new one in good trust that you return the old one. At same time you can ask them if it is ok that you can cheek this on some local tv rep place , and if it is the power supply then the tv rep man would fix this for a 10 euro i guess.

Send e-mail to them and see if you get permission to cheek this out on local TV REPARE place, and if they agree then they take the risk anyway.

• Kari that is an excellent bit of advice mate, wish i had thought of that :trbtjrjq:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!